Remove 12 Lead from ambulances ???????

More education WHY?, people will still give their service away for free.

B/C undereducated providers, such as yourself will make moronic judgements calls based on a non-educated whim, such as 12 leads are worthless pre hospital, when in fact, you probably do not know how to read them.

Lets drop morphine and nitro into a a right side MI right?? Well, there's my 2nd point for having 12 leads. Read my other posts in this thead regarding STEMI's for more.

I don't care about people giving their services away for free as a EMT LOL. I work in a very very large municipality and get paid well to do so, so not really seeing your point?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B/C undereducated providers, such as yourself will make moronic judgements calls based on a non-educated whim, such as 12 leads are worthless pre hospital, when in fact, you probably do not know how to read them.

Lets drop morphine and nitro into a a right side MI right?? Well, there's my 2nd point for having 12 leads. Read my other posts in this thead regarding STEMI's for more.

I don't care about people giving their services away for free as a EMT LOL. I work in a very very large municipality and get paid well to do so, so not really seeing your point?

LOL, I see your point, but people are saying make paramedic a BS, and thats cool and all, but I can't see someone going to scool for four years to volunteer, makes no sense.

LOL, I see your point, but people are saying make paramedic a BS, and thats cool and all, but I can't see someone going to scool for four years to volunteer, makes no sense.

Gosh, that would mean no more volunteer's (at least no more volunteer paramedics). That would be awful. Terrible. Honest. :roll:

There is far to much to know as a paramedic to think that some halfassed 3 or 6 month crash course is acceptable. 2 years should be the minimum, and 3 or 4 wouldn't be to much of a stretch. If people aren't willing to put in the time and effort to reach this level then that's just to bad.

The comment about all the new technology and "toys" that we have caught my eye and relates to this. Yes, there are a hell of a lot of things out there now that weren't out even 5 years ago, and they can do/show you a lot of good info. If you know how to use them. As has been said (kind of) the increased amount of technology we have should be causing the educational requirements to INCREASE, simply because we now have access to info that we didn't in the past, and thus need to be able to understand it and fit it into our treatments. Unfortunately, the opposite seems to be true; because of all these new things, standards are, if anything, decreasing, because, after all, the machine tells you all you need to know. Crap. The amount of things that we can do or check is increasing (sort of...that may stop soon unfortunately), which means that the amount of knowledge we need to have is also increasing, which means that the length of our education is increasing. Or should be anyway. Maybe someday it will.

Interesting post. Thank you for posting because I feel a lot of people may learn a thing or two from it.

That IS the reason we're all here, right???? :wink:

So.....12 leads were a thing I was wary about due to not feeling like I could understand it completely, nor have I had anyone teach me a way of comprehending it better. I did, however attend a class the other week and was able to grasp a better concept of 12 leads. This instructor has a way of breaking it down and making it sooooo simple!!! :shock: Plus, the man was an absolutely wonderful speaker: funny, energetic, intelligent yet not belittling (like so many instructors can be), and just plain brilliant!!

My point is this: lets not dumb down our profession. Just because you may not know something doesn't make it wrong, it just makes it a challenge. Medicine is an ever-changing field, so keeping up with it sometimes may be daunting.

None the less, it's necessary. It's rewarding! It's REFRESHING!! 8) How many people here feel awesome after having someone explain something to you and :D BAM!!!!! It clicks!! You get it!! Then you go out and apply it......spreading the knowledge is just as rewarding!!!

So again, THATS IS WHY WE ARE ALL HERE, RIGHT??? 8)

****BTW, this guy's seminar on 12 /15 lead interpretation filled up so fast, they had to ask the local hospital if we could use their lecture hall to fit all the medical personnel in the class. That to me is just plain AWESOME.****

Man who does this JBan guy think he is? You talk a lot of BS you must be a fireman.

Hey all I know Mr. Ambodriver is if that BS degree helps you operate a ambo then more power to you bro. However let me break it down to you, you see we already have enough propeller heads in this industry that think that getting a masters and being a wizard is so much more important then street smarts. How about you leave the realistic life saving to the professionals (firefighter/paramedics) that don't worry about being able to recite a medical manual word for word. Reality is the key to sucess in the 21st century

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.