Question about a transport Not without my husband.

itku2er

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually the crew that picked her up refused to take the ashes, the Don took them to the er.

I'm curious what reason they gave for refusing.

If she’s adamant and experiencing anxiety about the ashes, I just don't see the issue with it. If she's truly a cardiac pt then reducing her stress level is high up on my list of interventions. I can do it with drugs, sure, but why not just take the urn? It seems like obvious, simple, basic medicine makes this decision, even if you are without compassion.

If she was making the same request for her bible, or a piece of religious jewelry, would you not take that? Or are you unwilling to step outside the box and use this opportunity to create possibly significant physiological change simply because you have drugs that might give similar results?

The only reason I can see for not taking it is if she states something like, "I'm not leaving without my husband! He's out in the garage somewhere, I saw him just before we moved here!"

Second reason, compassion. It's no skin of my back if we take it. It's not a bio hazard, likely smaller than a breadbox. It seems to me we're tasked with giving compassionate relief from pain whenever possible, physical and mental. Right? How is this somehow differrent simply because the desired relief used to be human?

Dwayne

The only reason I got was that they were not going to be responsible for the remains of a dead person. If she comes back to the facality I am sure next time there will not be this problem. I have bitched and grumbled so much that they will take them just to get me to shut up. I did not see a problem but who am I right? Like you said Dwayne compassion goes along way.

I don't see the problem with her taking hubby along for the ride; if she's fixing to drop dead then it will give her some comfort.

I think I read somewhere we are supposed to be nice to our patients :D

Now, when Uncle Henry died and my buddy Marty was taking the urn round to auntie's place and they all flew out the car window man I tell you what I had to smoke a lot of cigars to make one uncle Henry :lol::lol:

[quote="kiwimedic"

Now, when Uncle Henry died and my buddy Marty was taking the urn round to auntie's place and they all flew out the car window man I tell you what I had to smoke a lot of cigars to make one uncle Henry :lol::lol:

Not to hyjack the thread but on another note, Spenac, I was wondering about your service's policy to not transport family ever. Is it solely a transport service? I never heard of a 911 service not taking family ever, we take family all the time, they sit in the front usually, and I can't ever think of a time when I've had a problem.

There is more liability. The family gets in the way if things go bad. Sometimes illegals claim to be family and you actually help transport more ilegals. The service that allows no family is 911 strictly, now only my part time job. My now primary service does allow some rare exceptions but requires a form filled out and signed by the rider, that is 95% 911 service. We also do not allow luggage at either service though that is enforced more fully at my part time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.