Penn State Football

FFKeller46

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the exception of the Far Rockaway High School 100th Anniversary Homecoming game against Boys and Girls High School (FRHS won!), I have not really followed football, either High School, College, or "Pro", from when Joe Willy Namath (#12) was still throwing Quarterback for the NY Jets at Shea Stadium.

I was out at a bar last night during the game with my girlfriend to celebrate a birthday for one of her friends. I noticed right away that I was the only person in the place rooting for Penn State. Yes, I'm in the middle of Ohio State country and I grew up listening to OSU football on the radio with my grandpa on Saturday afternoons. I love Ohio State football. That said - even if OSU won, there is no way they're going to the national championship after the USC loss, especially when you consider the way they've choked the past couple of trips. So who has the best chance of representing the big ten in the national championship? Penn State. Also, JoePA deserved this. One of the only reasons he came back last year was that large class of seniors who were supposed to dominate (and did not). What better way for him to go out on top than this year? It's the best chance he's had in a while and I hope he pulls it off and then has the common sense to retire. So yes, I cheered on Penn State and I hope they continue to have success throughout the rest of the season. Apparently, I have sympathy for that "old man" as he was described. :-)

LSU Geaux Tigers.

Texas is alright too.

LOL

Oh and a comment on your signature, there may not be an "I" but there is "me" in EMS. But like everything in our profession it's backwards of how it should be.

LOL

Oh and a comment on your signature, there may not be an "I" but there is "me" in EMS. But like everything in our profession it's backwards of how it should be.

But bragging, "ME did that!", just doesn't sound right.

Every year we here the same smack from the Big 10. Right up until they play a team from the SEC.

Since I'm sort of an alum from U of IL I'll cheer them on...but, don't know about this year.