What brand of radio do you use?

emt93

Nearly everything in this region are Motorola based systems. Most services are still on the VHF HT1250 / HT750 portable radios and a few services in the Gold Cross PSA near Rochester MN are on the new MN ARMER system using Motorola Astra radios.

I have a Ford factory installed AM/FM with Sirius satellite, CD, and USB port with the voice activated Microsoft Sync system. Is there really any other radio to have? :twisted:

FDNY, NYPD, and various New York City agencies, basically use various models of mobile, handheld and base station Motorolas, using "simplex", "simple duplex", and "trunked" operations, in VHF and UHF modes. When we were in existence, my VAS used Motorola as well.

I purchased for personal use with my VAS, a Bendix King 14 channel synthesized VHF hand held. The VAS closed in 1996, but my portable is still working great to request assistance, when I come up on something, calling nearby VFDs and VAS groups that operate on the frequency my VAS used to be on.

I also own a bunch of Family Radio Service/General Mobile Radio Service portables, 3 of them Radio Shack, 2 are now antiquated but functional TEKKs, and the other 7 are Motorola (look for me, when I am on, to be on channel #6, private line #3) .

New York State DoH does not consider CB radios to be type acceptable for ambulances, but my "portable base" CB is Radio Shack, my mobile is Cobra, and my "brick" of a hand held CB is a General Electric.

I'll go on about my "scanners" in a different string!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.