• Yes, once.
    • Yes, multiple times.
    • I'm speechless.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dust invited me to his home.......but I could not risk being seen there.....

The fact that you would even have that image on your computer is disturbing. :shock:

Interpol tracks that kind of stuff. The US is the only country where it is still legal. I'd scrub my hard drive if I were you.

We had a NH patient call us direct one night, staff had no idea, she said she did it because they did not pay attention to her and she was having respiratory problems.

And what the hell is COBRA????

And what the hell is COBRA????

A great CB radio, a crappy radar detector, and this.

Although, I still can't figure out what it has to do with this thread.

Whats the deal with some of these nursing homes? I went to a call maybe two months ago to a 80 something yr old woman who had fallen in her room by the door. Staff couldnt open the door to get to her, so they went around the next room and into hers which the two rooms were connected by the bathroom, as we did as well when we arrived. The LPN who was caring for this woman was sitting on the floor next to the patient, patient still lying on the cold tile floor and all, with a small laceration to the elbow that she fell on. A smear of blood on the floor as well from her elbow. Anyways, the LPN was literally sitting on the floor next to the patient, complacently monitoring "vital signs" until we got there. The call was held by dispatch for like 2 hours!!!!! Literally like 2 hours the patient had been lying on the floor after she had fallen and the best the staff could do was place a "watch dog" on this patient in the form of an LPN who stated " there is nothing that I am allowed to do for the patient except to monitor". Not because she is an LPN or anything, but thats what I guess the protocol is for this place or something. I didnt ask to many questions as to why she wasnt helped up or at least a small 4x4 or something on her elbow lac. Needless to say the woman was also incontinent as well. Sitting on the tile floor in her own urine for a few hours was astonishing to me. Just goes to show ya the level of empathy that some nursing home staff put into their patient care, whether it be a doctor, nurse or what have you.

medicv83

Instead of pointing the finger of blame towards another group of health care providers, (many with very limited education or experiance) perhaps one should ask firstly what are the resrtictions placed on those groups by administration in order to protect "themselves" from liability issues ... one should ask that question first. A 2 hour dispatch "hold" could be a huge complicating factor in this situation....I can just hear it now .... Its ok the ambulance drivers will be here any minute ! Just how would that LPN know that it would take 2 hours, and what if she had moved the patient with a broken hip ?

The trendy thing to do these days in health care is point fingers without factoring all the mitigating circumstances and after all as EMS providers we only see a very small "snapshot" of the entire big picture. yet more often than not we jump to a rapid judgement, medicv83 I am not saying your wrong at all this is a disapointing event.

Just thinking out loud, as I was not on that call.

cheers

Because it's in the protocols.

That's the way it's always been done around there. :wink:

Well I have waited long enough for an intellegent response so I must assume that you are correct dust.

I find it curious as to why the BCAS doods and doodets adhere stictly to wrote protocol and seldom respond when challenged. well the winds of change are in the air in that province with Agreement on internal trade being mandatory in April. I for one will be challenging the stupid ass territorialism that I see in the Justice institute very, very soon. Someone has to do it and I pic me.

ps The Northern Texans are comming and will improve the BC system whether they like it or not, enough of this protocol monkey buisness, smashing the union, and throw away WCB regulations too ..... this IS the best thing that can happen ... for the people !

sorry ranting and off topic please kill me. :shock:

One Riot One Texas Ranger this will be all it takes in communist BC.

cheers

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.