Would you ALS or BLS this patient and why?

your almost certainly going to get an ALS paramedic anyway.

Perhaps I am playing with semantics, or using different titles for similar employment in countries other than my own, but where I come from, the Paramedics ARE the ALS side of the EMS world. Me and the other EMTs are the BLS.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our chopers have portable ct on them. They can do a quick xrays and see whats goin on in there. We have had them come in do that they decide its not major they pack up and go home we transport. SO if they get there decide that its major they take it or we take it. OUr area they just got a choper 35 miles away so they have there AUTO LUNCH established that there dispatch moniters ours and they make the call to auto lunch or not. If we don;t need them we just call um off

Our chopers have portable ct on them. They can do a quick xrays and see whats goin on in there. We have had them come in do that they decide its not major they pack up and go home we transport. SO if they get there decide that its major they take it or we take it. OUr area they just got a choper 35 miles away so they have there AUTO LUNCH established that there dispatch moniters ours and they make the call to auto lunch or not. If we don;t need them we just call um off

There's such a thing? What kind of helicopter? Not trying to be an ass, but I've never seen any helicopter for civilian use that could handle "portable CT" stuff (never heard of portable CT scanner either). Have heard of portable U/S, about the size of a laptop computer...maybe that? Please help my curiosity! :D

To the best of my knowledge there is no such thing as portable CT. The machines are just too big and require too much power. Then there is the whole exposing the crew to radiation issue. 421, you must mean a portable US. Even portable xrays are not likely (unless you are using lots of scotch tape). Did anyone else see the humor in the auto lunch? I tired to come up with something witty but failed. How do you let a comment about EMS and lunch go unjoked about. No offense meant towards you 421.

#-o My head hurts.

Personally, my partner and I like to have lunch when we please. Not when dispatch decides.

What's a "choper"?

Your "choper" doesn't have portable CT, you're thinking of portable ultrasound.

How can I get set up with AUTO LUNCH? It's hard to find time to eat around here lately...

Spell check is your friend.

To the best of my knowledge there is no such thing as portable CT. The machines are just too big and require too much power. Then there is the whole exposing the crew to radiation issue. 421, you must mean a portable US. Even portable xrays are not likely (unless you are using lots of scotch tape). Did anyone else see the humor in the auto lunch? I tired to come up with something witty but failed. How do you let a comment about EMS and lunch go unjoked about. No offense meant towards you 421.

To go along with the "auto lunch" comment...what about the U/S done as a FAST? :lol:

In-house FDNY slang shows FAST as Firefighter Assistance & Safety Team. One (Ladder) Truck company is stationed as such on arrival at an "all hands" or larger fire, as a standby rescue team for any other fire fighters who might "go down" during fire fighting operations thereat.

In-house FDNY slang shows FAST as Firefighter Assistance & Safety Team. One (Ladder) Truck company is stationed as such on arrival at an "all hands" or larger fire, as a standby rescue team for any other fire fighters who might "go down" during fire fighting operations thereat.

To the rest of the United States, that's known as a RIT team.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.