25 Years

firedoc5

It's hard to believe that I made my first official ambulance call 25 yrs. ago on this day. The day before my 18th birthday, the state gave me the one day.

In nine days it will be 25 yrs. when I ran my fist code.

It's hard to believe that I made my first official ambulance call 25 yrs. ago on this day. The day before my 18th birthday, the state gave me the one day.

In nine days it will be 25 yrs. when I ran my fist code.

I hear ya Fire Doc, 17 October will make 27 years for me. It's weird, with all teh advancements in patient care, I still find my self falling back on the things I learned in Boy Scout First Aid.

Heh.. I was only 9 Months and 12 Days old.. :|

You really know how to make a guy feel old. :clock: :D

hardcore wrote

i wasn't even born

well I, like a few others on here that have clothes older than you; Would like to remind you all.

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! :lol:

We who worked in the past have paved the way for all of you noobs.

examples:

1 man power gurneys! ha how many remember the old three position fernos that we had to lower to load?

disposable suction! remember having to change liners? yeah they worked NOT!

blanket rolls instead of disposable headblocks. remember having to roll them for you shifts

cleaning with bleach water then having to touch up the polka dots on your pants with a sharpie.

Firedoc im a few years behind ya in ems but i did my first drowning as a boy scout 30 years ago.

Congrats and thanks for being there when the tones go off.

And lugging lifepak 33's too eh defib wizard hehehe. Its great to see what the forefathers of EMS have made available for us, and even in my short time in the service things have changed because of our input also.

I also wasnt even born then too, though was developing in the womb, picking up telepathic waves of firedocs first call and thinking Paramedic here I come :lol:

Serve long and serve hard.

Scotty