child in Private christian school

Just Plain Ruff

for anyone who has their children in private christian school I have a question -

Is the school your child in always asking for money and help with fundraising. I remember my public school days where we had fundraisers but our son's school seems focused on fundraising. They actually expect the parents to participate with their children and if they do not then the parents are expected to provide some additional cash.

I do not have a problem with paying whatever it costs to educate my child in the best possible way and the best school and we feel he is in the right and best school.

Right now we are selling those entertanment books for my son's first fundraising effort. They are expecting 10 books per student. He has sold that number already.

If anyone wants to purchase a book please pm me. I'll get you fixed up. If he sells 55 books he gets a new bike. You can purchase a book for nearly all major cities in the US. PM me and I'll set you up.

My daughter was in one for a while, and I thought they asked for donations until she went back to public school. At least the money is going to books. It seemed that my daughter was selling chocolate bars, candy in tin boxes or high dollar cheap made candles going for who knows what?

R/r 911

yeah, the books he is selling now are pretty good deals.

20 bucks for our area's book and you get that back on your 4th trip to a local supermarket.

5 bucks off a 50 dollar bill at the grocery store and then 3 more visits and spend 75 dollars each for 5 more off per visit and the book is paid for.

Does he have one for Afghanistan? :wink:

My uncle's kids went to a Christian school and they were constantly short of money...Seems like he got a good education though....

When we were living in LA our church had a private school. They did have fund raisers, but no more than the public schools. They didn't have any "surprise" costs or additional fees other than the monthly tuition like some private schools have. We were lucky.

Every now and then my wife and I would substitute teach so we would catch a break on the next month's tuition.

I must have been raised in a different era. I don't remember any fund raiser sales of magazines, candy, cake sales, etc, during my time in Kindergarten through 9th grade in Public School. We also didn't do any of that at my religious school.

I also couldn't study, as the doorbell was always ringing with children from the parochial schools selling magazines, candy, cake, etc.