Disaster team assembly for Gustav

akflightmedic

Gustov is not longer expected to make Cat 4 strength. From the last models I've seen, landfall is probably going to be to the West of New Orleans.

Thoughts and prayers to the Gulf Coast residents.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gustov is not longer expected to make Cat 4 strength. From the last models I've seen, landfall is probably going to be to the West of New Orleans.

I hate to be rude, but I cant help but wonder if it will be "FEMA and the US governments fault" if all these people evacuate for nothing... G.W Bush's last folly before leaving office.

I hate to be rude, but I cant help but wonder if it will be "FEMA and the US governments fault" if all these people evacuate for nothing... G.W Bush's last folly before leaving office.

How is it 'G.W. Bush's last folly before leaving office' that mother nature threw a hurricane at New Orleans, and that the MAYOR of New Orleans ordered the mandatory evacuation?

Oh wait!...Gustav's got weapons of mass destruction and THAT'S why ol' G.W. declared war....wait..that's not it....

Maybe ol' "Dubbyah" went down to Hurricanes R Us, and bought the top of the line Hurricane ...the Gustav model, just to turn it loose on the U.S. ...thats GOT to be it!

It's amazing how most people in the U.S. want to blame the President for EVERYTHING that happens...but I think this one set a new 'record' for asinine accusations!

Bush had NOTHING to do with the forced evacuation of New Orleans, this time or the last. Bush had NOTHING to do with how hard Katrina and Rita hit the Gulf Coast....and remember, it was Michael Brown that dropped the ball in '05....

In the speech that Ray Nagin gave while ordering evacuations and informing looters that they wouldn't 'get a pass this time, but go straight to Angola', he DID say that those that stayed behind would NOT be rescued.

Well, watching the weather channel, it looks like New Orleans dodged a 'direct hit'!

Now we need to watch hurricane Hanna, ...

According to projections, she's gonna hit somewhere between Jacksonville, FL and Hilton Head, SC...

This means I'm looking right down the barrel on this one!

Well, watching the weather channel, it looks like New Orleans dodged a 'direct hit'!

Now we need to watch hurricane Hanna, ...

According to projections, she's gonna hit somewhere between Jacksonville, FL and Hilton Head, SC...

This means I'm looking right down the barrel on this one!

Thank You Brett NOAA.......lol.... :D

Yeah, yeah, yeah, the people who stay won't be rescued. Uh huh. People drowning in flood waters during the RNC? I don't think so. Poor, poor, Coast Guard et. al, risking their lives for the assholes who stayed behind.