Here we go again!! Time to go wading in New Orleans!!

So if it's going west of NO, then Lake Charles may be the bullseye. Are they planning evac. from Oppolousas on down, or from Alexandria on down? I've heard too many land marks considered as "south LA".

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When we'd have friends or family visit for the first, especially from the north, they would always comment on the Hurricane Evacuation signs along certain highways. They'd say they never thought they'd be that close to hurricane prone areas. We'd explain that even though we were in the northern part of the state that the people from down south had to know were to go and how to get there. And that some of those hurricanes are large enough to reach us.

New governor, but the idiots re-elected the same mayor, so I still see a good chance for epic failure.

And they deserve it.

I agree Dust. well spoken

This time they locked the doors to the Superdome. Dammit, people may die, but them scumbags ain't gonna mess up the Superbowl! Where's Brownie when you need him?

New governor, but the idiots re-elected the same mayor, so I still see a good chance for epic failure.

And they deserve it.

I couldn't believe it when they re-elected Nagin. After all that city went through with him at the helm it was unbelievable. I still say he's got blood on his hands from Katrina and Rita.

As far as I know, Jindal was a good choice for Governor. Now let's see how he does with this situation.

We've got a couple of units down that direction. They say it is pretty interesting. I'm sure it will get a lot more interesting AFTER the storm hits.

For all you guys down there, I wish you the best of luck. Hopefully the lessons learned from last time will make things a little easier this time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.