Here we go again!! Time to go wading in New Orleans!!

Aren't the Cajuns part French?

Some will argue that they are mostly French. But they are French, Native American, Spanish, Creole, and others all combined. I don't think there's an absolute definition of Cajun.

Some of my father's best friends barely speak English. Maybe just enough to carry on a conversation.

I myself can understand it, but I can't speak it. Go figure.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My idea would be make everything south of I-10 a national park. You could visit, but you can't stay!! All these evacuees are killing us here. They were asking for FEMA debit cards the first day they arrived!! It seems like all they do is stick their hands out wanting more, more, more. Now, I'm not a woman, but if I were traveling with a baby, I might want to bring some diapers. Not these folks. They are griping about diapers since they got off the bus. They also are complaining about the availability of feminine hygene needs. As I recall, that issue comes up about once a month or so, so you would think they would carry what they need. I have been transporting patients out of the shelters ever since I got back, and even they are complaining. Our system assigns evacuee patients to our 9 area hospitals on a rotation to avoid overloading anyone, and if they end up going to one 5 minutes farther away, they pitch a fit. Most of them have never been here, and don't even know one hospital from another!! But I guess I'm the stupid one, as I just signed up for a 12 hour shift at our biggest shelter tonight, working the first aid/stand-by. We had several fights break out at the different shelters in town, and I guess I just want to see what happens next....................Can't wait to see what happens with Hurricane Ike!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.