Vag. Bleeding

ok, so they perforated her uterus or her abdominal wall and shes in a world of hurt

I'd be looking for profound shock soon. I'd be prepping for intubation and a trauma code if she doesn't get to surgical intervention soon.

The guys have some explaining to do.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Torn uterus. Luckily OB/GYN doc already in-house. Was in OR within 20 mins. Doc did not think it was actually the broom handle. Thought it had to have been something more sharp than blunt.

Have no idea what they were thinking. What all was used? What kind of game(s)? Chalk one more up for the "If I ever write a book..." category.

OK, I will. Messing around consisted of the use of several things, including a broom handle...

With objects like broom handles, and "several other things", I can imagine these objects have imperfections that when used in a rough and unwarranted manner, could cause a laceration, and subsequent hypovolemia, especially when it perforates such a vascular area.

With objects like broom handles, and "several other things", I can imagine these objects have imperfections that when used in a rough and unwarranted manner, could cause a laceration, and subsequent hypovolemia, especially when it perforates such a vascular area.

Not to mention if its a wooden broom handle (God I hope they were at least smart enough not to use that) splinters could have broken off inside of her. Possibly causing future problems if undetected.

Ill try not to jack the thread Doc (appologies in advanced if too many people become interested) but I have a good vaginal bleed story.

I dont know the full details, but a young girl had come into the 24hr clinic my old service transports to. The girl had just recently started getting her period and came in complaining of the usual signs/symptoms of a period, but also presented with signs of shock and just all in all looked like crap. Anyways that did a vaginal exam and pulled out I believe upwards of 6-10 tampons, turns out she didnt know they had to be removed. A good freind of mine who was an ED tech for that pt had said the good doc threw up after the 5th or 6th tampon he removed.

Ill try not to jack the thread Doc (appologies in advanced if too many people become interested) but I have a good vaginal bleed story.

I dont know the full details, but a young girl had come into the 24hr clinic my old service transports to. The girl had just recently started getting her period and came in complaining of the usual signs/symptoms of a period, but also presented with signs of shock and just all in all looked like crap. Anyways that did a vaginal exam and pulled out I believe upwards of 6-10 tampons, turns out she didnt know they had to be removed. A good freind of mine who was an ED tech for that pt had said the good doc threw up after the 5th or 6th tampon he removed.

By no means a high jack, CC. Did the girl present with Toxic Shock Syndrome? That was a problem in the early-mid 80's with women. Does anyone remember that? I guess mom didn't explain things too well to her. I can see someone puke due to something like that, but not a doc. But I guess somethings just bother some people more than others. :puke:

Not sure about toxic shock, my friend may have mentioned it but its been a while, but Id be surprised if she wasnt.

They got all sorts of odd sexual emergencies in that ER, one girl used a frozen hotdog, I didnt know that vaginal secretions could... well freeze. For the record, the can. One guy went in with a vibe stuck fully up, well you know. He was sitting at registration giving information, the secratary could hear it still buzzing away.