Vag. Bleeding

Called to apartment of a very frequent customer. However it is not her. Upon arrival find a female, late teens, early 20's in the bathroom on the stool stating she is having heavy bleeding. Patient about 110K's, state legs are too weak to stand for very long. Bleeding had been going on for approx. 30 mins. When asked denied possibility of pregnancy. Not time of the month for her by two weeks. BP: 110/70, Pulse: 90, Resp. 20. Skin warm and dry to touch, good color. Asked when last had intercourse she said about two days ago, no problems afterward. Slight "cramping", less than period cramps. Stool full of blood. Did not flush prior to our arrival. No pads available at home.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She's still pregnant until ruled out.

what is 110K's?

Weight 110 Kilos

well the good thing is she is quiet shocky yet. what color was the blood? i am assuming there is no history of trauma or is there.. obviously i agree always pregnant till ruled out.. how is the abd? any cancer history... what other medical problems.. treatment so far 2 iv's , try to calculate blood lose.. 02 and monitor..

How was she feeling leading up to this?

When did she last eat/drink and what?

How tall is the pt? (110 kg = 242 lbs) Any known weight gain over past few months? Deffinatley, as already established, dont rule out pregnacy.

Any past hx of preg - children - abortions?

Have PD or fire obtain sample from toilet. :twisted:

How was she feeling leading up to this?

When did she last eat/drink and what?

How tall is the pt? (110 kg = 242 lbs) Any known weight gain over past few months? Deffinatley, as already established, dont rule out pregnacy.

Any past hx of preg - children - abortions?

Have PD or fire obtain sample from toilet. :twisted:

I like the way you think Christopher collins, make fire get the sample

But .... She's in trouble, I don't think I'd wait around for a sample though. Get her out to the ambulance and get goin to the hospital.

I still say she's pregnant and she's having a miscarriage. Only thing to fix this is surgical intervention after an ultrasound.

How's her abdomen? Soft non tender or hard or rigid?

Does she have any history of heavy periods?

What meds is she on?

What are her vitals after you get her supine on the cot, legs up and the two iv's goin?

I'd get a couple of tubes of blood just in case the ER decides to use those tubes you got. They probably won't though unless you are hospital based.

What is her heart rhythm and pulse ox?

and the other requisite question and answers.

Sample? Are you really gonna fish some of that out of the toilet? I really can't see the benefit, but maybe I'm missing something.... :shock:

I think he's pissed at the firemen.

Or he might think that some tissue or products of conception are in there. That's all I can figure out.

I had one sitting bleeding into toilet. Got her onto cot. Took a peek in toilet and there was a 2-3 month old fetus. She had denied any chance of being pregnant, so I guess miraculous conception, or previous toilet user had left it I guess. :roll: