How you found this site and why

boeingb13

Well when I was thinking of making a place to interact with other professionals on the web I accidentally created this crap. :twisted: :shock:

OK for reals I received a spam fax advertising emtcity. Checked it out and decided to stay and cause trouble. :twisted: :shock: It has also proved helpful in my paramedic studies. :wink:

Anyway one of those is the real story.

I found EMSvillage as a result of EMS House of DeFrance which was a link given to me in my EMT class... and I followed paramedicmike from EMSVillage to here.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Well when I was thinking of making a place to interact with other professionals on the web I accidentally created this crap. :twisted: :shock:

OK for reals I received a spam fax advertising emtcity. Checked it out and decided to stay and cause trouble. :twisted: :shock: It has also proved helpful in my paramedic studies. :wink:

Anyway one of those is the real story.

Anyone ever heard of an EMTCity "Fax"??

I was searching for something else, can't remember what, but came across the City and after just looking for about half an hour, I joined. Lucky me.

I had some guy put a gun to my head and said go to www.emtcity.com and post this. So I did.

I've been a member ever since.

Here's my first post

I've worked both types of services.

I truly enjoyed the rural ems experience because you are it out there.

Transport times vary from in the small town I was working at would be 5 minutes to the hospital all the way up to 1 hour if we went all the way to the southwest county line area.

Anything significantly bad would be flown out eg trauma or major cardiac illness.

I've also worked urban ems where total call time might be 20 mins total.

And yes you can get an assessment and treat the patient in that time and provide excellent care even though some say it's Wam bam medicine.