Concrete vs. Body

Just curious how you got him on the board and fully cspined with two people. Thanks interested in case I'm in that situation someday.

That's something we had to do all the time, no biggie. Biggest problem was that we were 20' up on a catwalk about four feet wide, and it was curved. Brad and I did everything on the catwalk. When bringing him down on the forklift was a challenge. There was just enough room for the patient on the board and for me to stand over him straddled while holding the IV bag and monitor. Didn't want the weight anywhere on his lower extremities. It's a good thing I had good balance then.

Just curious how you got him on the board and fully cspined with two people. Thanks interested in case I'm in that situation someday.

This is the only way we learned in school.

We were told we will not always have the luxury of extra hands, so we better learn the 2 man way.

I have spinaled many-a-person with just my partner since then, although I never hesitate to call for a few FF to give a hand - and they love to help!!

MAST (after you knock the dust off of 'em and locate them) are actually respectable for stabilizing am isolated hip fracture. Used it several times for this method and seems to work quite nice. Mainly they aren't used so much because they weren't doing anything for the patient (though most didn't have 'em on long enough to really tell) but because ER docs were just cutting them in the ER and not proper deflating them. Just food for thought - good scenario and glad it was you not me buddy !

....THats one of those calls you come up look at it and say "huh.........ill be damed"

Yea, pretty much. :confused4: