I dare you to watch this through without smiling

Michael

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He hasn't been to Helsinki, Finland.. never mind my hometown of Kalajoki - beautiful baltic beach with miles and miles of sanddunes.. the midnight sun and solitude. Oh well ;)

anything funny

"Humor is the tendency of particular images, stories or situations to provoke laughter," whereas a smile is "customarily an expression denoting pleasure, happiness, or amusement..." The video was labeled a provocation to smiling rather than laughing, that is, as fun rather than funny (though some viewers may laugh at parts they find funny). One apparent attempt to present a funny rather than fun variation of the theme of the video is here; I refrain from predicting the success of the venture. Categories for analyzing and classifying the sensibility of the video may be found here, here, and here. Further reading on the distinction between the two kinds of response may be pursued here, here, and here.

Have fun!

I have not yet viewed the video, probably will do so tomorrow.

However, in my experiences, if one has to analyze if something is fun, or funny, it no longer is fun, or funny.

the only time I remotely smiled was when he got knocked on his butt by the waves. But to be able to travel to all those places, I'm jealous.

I've been to every state in the union, Australia, Canada, and Mexico.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.