Look out Osama..DWAYNE is in Afghanistan!!!!

akflightmedic

That's right folks! With Dwayne's permission, he said I could go ahead and make the announcement on his behalf.

Dwayne the paramedic is now in Afghanistan working as a remote paramedic. Through much hard work, studying, training and busting his hump....he managed to find his way over here and is now gainfully employed and learning new things minute by minute.

It is going to be quite the adventure my friend and you will see and do many things you never imagined. I know you will do do great and excel in your position.

Good luck!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be safe Dwayne So will one of the ed's be coming back to Afghanistan?

AK I am so thankful you got him over there. He really wanted to go during our get together. I'm proud of both of ya!

Dwayne the paramedic is now in Afghanistan working as a remote paramedic. Through much hard work, studying, training and busting his hump....he managed to find his way over here and is now gainfully employed and learning new things minute by minute.

As often happens, I'm being given way more than my share of credit here. I worked hard, studied hard, and busted my hump...sure. But NOBODY gets over here on their own...

Ak held my hand the whole way. Sent an amazing recommendation letter, and then walked me through the entire process, as well as speaking to those that he knows that are where I am now on my behalf. This is more about ak than it is about me, and that's the truth.

On that subject, there is something else I'd like to say....ak told me about this, what it would be like, how to prepare. At one point Barbara said, "Have you given any thought to the fact that we're changing our life on the word of someone you don't really know that well?" And I told her, "Yeah, that worries me a bit, but there's something about him that makes you trust what he says."

And it was a good bet. He told me things, advised me on things, warned me about things...some of them big, and some of them very small, yet to the smallest thing, his word was good. If he told me today that the sky is green....I wouldn't waste my time checking, I would just know that it's true.

It's so seldom that you find anyone, in a lifetime, that says what they mean, and takes other's lives seriously enough to make the kind of committment he made to get me settled here...I won't soon forget that.

Anyway, I'm obviously rambling, but I wanted to make this point. He often makes fun of himself, or his ability to be committed or serious or kind. But don't you ever believe it...He's an unusual kind of person...

Plus...He's a major dork.

It is going to be quite the adventure my friend and you will see and do many things you never imagined. I know you will do do great and excel in your position.

Good luck!

Thanks ol' man...I'll keep you informed.... :wink:

Dwayne

Dwayne ! Thats awesome Bro !!

I wish you the best of luck while there. I am sure you will be awesome !

Stay Safe

Matt.

(On a side note)

...He's an unusual kind of person...

Plus...He's a major dork.

You're one to be talking, ya know... :lol:

Glad you made it out there o.k. 8)

It was great meeting and getting to know you before you left. So far, so good for me, if everything stays on track, I'm looking at about 3-4 weeks. I'll let you know when and where once I know for sure. Keep it safe bro!

Both y'all be safe. Proud of knowing you both, brothers. 8)

Good luck Dwayne. You too Flight-lp.

Be safe and keep in touch won't you? Watch out for the Canadians to Eh? I have a cousin over there. Rumour has it there's a few Canucks in Afghanistan.

I got on google earth and checked out Bagram - wow - it may not be the a**hole of the universe but I think you can see it from there - that's just my impression though. From what I understand, that's just your starting point. Keep us posted - and stay safe!