Music in the Rig

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was very surprised too Spenac. I thought "How could I misjudge someone so much - what is going on with the universe today?" Thanks for clearing it up. :wink:

Wow I'm touched that y'all thought I was really that bad a medic. :lol: Sorry for my forgotten sarcastic smilie. :D

We had an unwritten policy. Whoever was driving that day controlled what was listened to on the music radio. I like the "Golden Oldies" rock and roll.

By agreement, when we got to the patient, the music was turned off, and only turned on again after clearing from the hospital.

One thing, though: On occasion, we'd violate that. Ever seen a 5 year old mesmerized by "The Big Bopper's" "Chantilly Lace", or a "Doo-Wop" version of "Unchained Melody"? Due to the movie version of "The Lion King", they already seem to know "The Lion Sleeps Tonight."

Always have the radio tuned to FM on every shift. Obviously, when it's inappropriate, it's turned off but the best pick-me-up on return to station after a 'bad one'.

Also carols and a decked out rig at Christmas time. :D

We alternate patient care so there is always a constant battle of the radio station. I like classic rock, my partner is a big time redneck (but a great medic), Whenever I drive I have to immediately change the seat position before I can get in (my partner is vertically challenged) and change the radio station.

On the way back to the station it's whoever drove to the hospital drives back to quarters. I have been known to increase the volume, just because I can. I have the power!

Since we are ALS only, music in the pt. compartment is frowned upon in our ambulance. When it comes to patient care I don't want or need any distractions. Well, there was the one time I sang the "Barney song" with my 6 y/o patient. It wasn't pretty, but she was happy and it took her mind off her injury for awhile. My partner was in near hysterics. :D

During a BLS transfer, I shared my iPod with a friend of mine who were were taking to a definitive care facility.

I have played the music selection a pt requests, at their request, but other then that, radio stays low.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.