My certification is on the line!

xaby

I would definitely, keep reminding them. It is a shame that a program was conducted in such a malicious manner. I am also surprised that school administration is not able to help you, since this was conducted in their school.

Be sure to keep a paper trail, with times, names, discussion(s) of phone calls, & copies of transcribing events.

God luck,

Ridryder 911

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I am happy to report that Karen Meggenhofen has had an investigation begun by the EMS Bureau in the city. She acknowledges that our situations is quite odd and that she will get to the bottom of this. Wish us luck and a proper registration so we can retest for certification. I relaly hope this works. Thanks for the suggestions guys, they really helped us out. We wouldnt have known what to do without them.

At the start of the course, the instructor is required by NYS EMS Bureau to have given you a copy of the BLS protocol book, and a student reference guide. In the guide, Section 3, page 5, it states the requirements to retest on the practical skill stations. Show this to the instructor.

• 2 weeks later...
Best way to solve this problem for future students,

spread the word around to parents and students of the school that carries this course that the instructor is malicious and will not allow a student to register for state examination based on one incorrect answer. Also send a letter to EMS Instructor Certifying board and complain, if this gets around enough students looking into EMS as a possible career will know NOT to take this elective as it is a running scam. Eventually less and less students will enroll in this elective course and will take the EMTB training from another school/instructor, and this instructor will be out of a job......

Just my two cents.......

-Alco

No offense, Dixie, but this is an excellent way to wind up blacklisted. Yeah, the guy's a dickhead, but chances are he's far better connected than these two students in the local EMS community and will do everything within his power to make sure they do not ever get a job.

Just food for thought......

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.