What a bunch of whiners

Actually; $89,000 isn't that much, speaking in terms of fire and EMS apparatus. We have a relatively simple, basic package on a ladder truck that cost over 3/4 of a million. In fact, the smallest apparatus we have, a 2005 Ford F550 Attack Engine (regardless of truck size-1000GPM Pump Size is NFA definition of an Engine) was still more than $160,000.

So, their unit is either small, used or cheap and stock built. You can't get a quality apparatus, cheap. If you're looking to get a vehicle, cheap, change professions and become a plumber.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how we tend to stereotypically look down on plumbers while they enjoy a much greater income and professional status than we do, as well as greater educational requirements. :lol:

Funny how we tend to stereotypically look down on plumbers while they enjoy a much greater income and professional status than we do, as well as greater educational requirements. :lol:

That ain't no lie. To become a master plumber in Texas almost requires more years experience than many of the youngsters on this site have been alive.

They do have vans...

Maybe we could combine services. Consolidate, if you will, and earn $41/hr.

:roll:

Also both professions deal with a lot of shit. Except ours talks and complains about stuff.

$89,000 rig? I'm thinking they want a shiny new brush truck to fight fires to save $400 mobile homes. :lol:

It maybe that they are always practising their skills to keep in top shape for the kind of job they do.

You're job on the other hand is, your always on the go, your exercising all the time, given the factors that this job is always lifting, hauling, pushing. While these people perse are sitting in the firehall, watching TV, talking on the phone, going to different places-giving out tickets for not securing this or following the codes.

yeah I see where the conflict lies here, Dust . . . so why shouldn't you be paid as much as they make the same. Your job is just as hectic and strenuous as theirs, am I wrong?

I was born as a child in small podunk community in S MI and started my previous life as a volunteer on a 1972 Pontiac high top. That was the only ambulance for about 100 sq mi. In 1982, the service actually got enough money to match the amount the governments were willing to match and they bought a used 1980 type II. It seems that if my hometown can "upgrade" on a shoestring, there should be little difficulty to find a vehicle for Podunk KY to "upgrade".....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.