EMS Band Banned

Friends, Romans, Countrymen, EMTs, lend me your ears. The FDNY is up to doing what it does best, being a bunch of disrespectful f---heads.

Two years ago, in response the FDNY Emerald Society's Pipes and Drums band consistently refusing to play or participate in events that include FDNY EMS members (their line is DAHHHH THEYZ NOT OUR BROTHERS F--K THEM), a group of EMTs and paramedics in the FDNY EMS Command formed the EMS Pipes and Drums group. Their website can be found here.

Last St. Patrick's day they debuted, performing exceptionally and instilling FDNY EMS members with what they have been sincerely lacking ever since the FDNY took them over in 1996; dignity, pride, and morale.

This year, Chief Salvatore Cassano, again bowing to political pressures, requested that the FDNY EMS Pipes and Drums band not perform, despite the dedication, practice, and determination of its members.

It is a sad day when a department that is supposed to be a symbol of bravery and integrity displays such cowardice and disregard for its members, but unfortunately for the members of EMS, it is all too common a practice.

The leader of the band, Don Riley, has requested that people refrain from e-mailing Chief Cassano or the president of the FDNY Emerald Society in protest, and I will honor his request.

However, anything anyone can do to show their support would be much appreciated, and remember what type of behavior you are really supporting when you purchase and FDNY baseball cap.

Happy St. Patrick's day to all.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was with the first band manager when we got the word that they could be called the FDNY EMS Pipe and Drums. Man, was he elated. I found the telephone number of the Boston EMS Pipe and Drums, and put him in touch with their band manager.

Then, the AOH (Ancient Order of Hibernians) didn't want them, as, there already was an FDNY Pipe and Drums, which kept them out of the 5th Avenue parade. This was the same year the FDNY was moved from near the front of the parade, allegedly as the FDNY was some kind of trouble making unit.

I have bad knees for walking, so don't look for me in a kilt. I also am too much a coward to wear one.

I met a few of the members during last year's EMS today, a really lovely bunch of guys! It sucks that they would be treated like this.

One more reason why Fire should be separated from EMS, the sheer arrogance of the water fairies is bloody astounding! :evil: :evil:

Oh, and I bought the right t-shirt, from the band itself....

WM

This might be a stupid question, but...Can they merge the two and rename it something like "The FDNY & EMS Pipes and Drum Corps"?

Like I said, it might be a stupid question. :violent1:

This might be a stupid question, but...Can they merge the two and rename it something like "The FDNY & EMS Pipes and Drum Corps"?

Like I said, it might be a stupid question. :violent1:

(Chuckles) You want firefighters and medics to play well together?? Boy, now THAT wouldn't turn into a huge competition or nothing.

The Water Fairies and the Band-Aid Boxers.

(Chuckles) You want firefighters and medics to play well together?? Boy, now THAT wouldn't turn into a huge competition or nothing.

The Water Fairies and the Band-Aid Boxers.

Fire doesn't like us and we don't like them. We were forced to co-exist in 1996 thanks to the dread Giuliani, and its been a struggle ever since. The Emerald society will all drink poisoned potchkin before letting us anywhere near them.

Yes, this is what people come up with during the hours sitting around at the firehouse.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.