EMS PAY

Jyannotti308

Niftymedi911, you are an excellent spokesperson for Lee County EMS.

But, don't forget to mention our cost of living factors for housing, insurance, utility rates and taxes. And then for the family oriented types, there is the little matter of our schools being poorly rated and over crowded. Private education is expensive and can be poorly regulated. Jeb's voucher program kinda crimped the whole system.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PHYSICAL AGILITY: The physical agility requires individual proficiency with 10 push-ups, 10 sit-ups, 10 jumping jacks, 10 squat thrusts and carrying a drug bag or monitor/defibrillator up three flights of stairs. With a partner, applicants will be required to carry a boarded patient down three flights of stairs. Strap the patient to the board and wheel the patient to and load the patient into an ambulance. With a partner, applicants will be required to carry a boarded patient a distance of about 20 yards. Perform 2-person CPR for a designated time limit and return the boarded patient the about 20 yard distance.

Wow? I haven't seen that before. Is this common in other agencies?

Wow? I haven't seen that before. Is this common in other agencies?
I not sure Brent, but I thought all services had some degree of a physical fitness test.

Here's another one in North Las Vegas.

http://www.medicwest.com/EmploymentFAQ.htm...ng_process_work

Niftymedi911, you are an excellent spokesperson for Lee County EMS.

But, don't forget to mention our cost of living factors for housing, insurance, utility rates and taxes. And then for the family oriented types, there is the little matter of our schools being poorly rated and over crowded. Private education is expensive and can be poorly regulated. Jeb's voucher program kinda crimped the whole system.

I thought about taking Ashley's place as PIO when she left. But I'm not ready to sit behind a desk yet. Maybe in 10 years I'll try.... If they decide to ditch the new one we have now. Who knows, after my Master's degree, I could be chief 25 years from now... :) (That's my ultimate goal)

Also, LCEMS hasn't given me any REAL problems (of course there are little ones and complete BS that anyone would moan and complain about). the three years I've been here, I'm happy, I guess that's why it is so easy for me.

Yea, allow me to devolve some more: Taxes SUCK (well this year I only have to pay 2,100 bucks which anit bad), The home/auto INSURANCE SUCKS, Gas Prices SUCK, and Traffic SUCKS. Watch out for FPL (Florida Power Light) they will rape you like nobody else's business. Schools are ok ( I'm a by-product of them) not the best, but certainly not the worst. The only thing I TOTALLY DISLIKE is the school choice horse-crap. If you have recently moved your placed in like a lottery system. If your close to the bottom your child could end up going to a school on the other side of the county.

Brent,

Yes, our agency still requires you to do the physical. Oh BTW, they are hiring EMD certified dispatchers and call takers for Lee Control (our dispatch center). They ultilize: Pro Q/A, EMD, Priemere MDC by Motorola, PrinTrak CAD system, ATM with agency layering GIS Mapping, and SIREN technology (New breakout as of March 1st, 2008) They start @ 13.83/hr (Communications Trainee) plus bene's for 12 hour shifts. Once you pass your training (approx 1 year in length) your then passed to Communications Operator I, your hr rate is them bumped over 17/hr.

[web:2049b0edaf]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_County%2C_FL[/web:2049b0edaf]

Lee County EMS has managed to avoid some of the problems that your neighbors to the south are experiencing.

brentoli, $158,000 for a house along coastal Florida? Is that with or without wheels? single or double-wide?

http://www.bizjournals.com/southflorida/st...ml?ana=from_rss

In 2007, existing home sales near South Florida:

fell 37 percent in Fort Myers-Cape Coral, to 5,383 homes from 5,518 homes, as the median sales price decreased 6 percent, to $257,000 from $273,600.

...Now, I could get married and have a kid and go to school for free.

Shoot, you can do even better than that. Get knocked up then DON'T get married and you'll get books, tuition, plus $2500.00/semester!

See...Easy.

:wink:

Dwayne

I'm really not jumping in on this. I'm one of the the old "pappy's", that when I started my first full time EMS job, I was 18. It was 24 hours a day, six days a week, you lived at the ambulance building. We had six ambulances and for weeks at a time at least one of them were out on a call or transfer 24/7. My first take home check was $120.00. My how times have changed. And believe me, there were a few out there worse than that. After being there five years, there were me and two others the highest paid $5.50/hr. But that was in 1989 also.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.