EMS PAY

Jyannotti308

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20$ in canada is last i checked pretty much 20$ in the U.S as far as exchange rates go. If thats not what you wanted to know, my apologies

Ya something like that...Maybe $19.25 US.

We get paid about the same as a manager of a fast food restaurant or gas station.

About a third of what a nurse gets.

just because you cannot get financial aid such as scholarships an pell grants, but there is such a thing as student loans. they are not based on need as I got 37K in student loans and I made 93k a year when I got them.

So all financial aid is not the same.

OH and FYI, There are no scolarships for medic school, the way they do it is they make your major nursing until you get close to going into the actuial medic part of the college then they change it you to paramedic science major

Here the medic classes run 4500 for 15 months. If you are living at home you should be able to save up enough to pay or take out a student loan. It may take a while to save up, but you can do it if you really wanted to. Fact of the matter is if you wait a couple of years, I believe it's 24 when you can use your own income for fin aide your not going to get that much more. Maybe 500 if your lucky.

So if it is that bad and you can't figure out another way to get it done with all the student loans, scholarships, working through school ( I worked two jobs and pulled 19 credits so it can be done), moving out. Then go to the military. They will pay for the whole thing including your housing and food. Just head down to your local recruiters office and they will hook you up in no time.

Otherwise take a few minutes and do an internet research for student loans and you will find it is a lot easier than you think.

Good luck and don't expect to make a crazy amount of money as a medic it just doesn't happen.

I've went through a medic program before so I know it will be easier this time round when I do it again...

Have you spent serious time discovering exactly why you did not complete it the first time? The most common reasons are not overcome by it simply being "easier the next time". This is not one of those simple little tasks that you can just do over and over until you finally pass by one point and call yourself a healthcare professional. Take an honest appraisal of your potential here, as well as your past failings, before you decide to go make the same mistake again. Sometimes, persistence isn't really the smart thing.

OH and FYI, There are no scolarships for medic school, the way they do it is they make your major nursing until you get close to going into the actuial medic part of the college then they change it you to paramedic science major

Have you already taken all of those nursing/paramedic science prerequisite courses yet? If not, that could be a prime reason you failed to complete the first time. If you have not yet done those, you're wasting your time and money trying to go forward with medic school. They are not just hoops to jump through to get your money. They are an intellectual foundation for paramedic education. If you're not interested in that, please move on to auto mechanics or something.

As for this $20 dollars CDN, the exchange rate is worthless as an indicator of its worth. The taxes and cost of living are the indicator. They're not doing much better than us in Alberta after taxes.

If you want a change in scenery......

Try Lee County EMS in Lee County, Fla.

3rd Service ALS primary 9-1-1 response and Inter-facility Transfer Division.

We currently have 13 EMT positions and 23 Medic positions open.

EMT's starting $13.38/hr or $44,860/yr

EMT Max @ 19.76/hr or $62,300/yr.

Medics starting at $14.76/hr or $52,000/yr

Medics Max @ 23.00/hr or 73,000/yr

100% Paid medical/dental/vision, short/long term disability/FRS.

Paid EMT to Paramedic promotion program. The county pays you while you attend school, pays for your schooling and pays for all the costs you incur for certifying. I"m currently in the program and I finish next month and haven't had to drop a dime for school.

24 Hour / 12 Hour shifts

Check it out: www.lee-ems.com/ems/default.htm

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.