emt pants PLEASE HELP

fireman0928

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, solution one is to not take a job with the company. No offense, but it does seem a little disingenuous to be hired, and then immediately complain about the dress code.

Second, is this a 911 company, interfacility, or mixed?

Word.

For the life of me, I can't see the problem with wearing your scissors on your belt as opposed to your thigh, that makes it such a serious issue. Even if it is EMS>

After a few years on the streets I quit wearing 'EMS' pants. I didn't need the extra pockets, they fit like crap, and I just got tired of things catching on the straps for the scissors. I went to uniform type pants, same color, better fit and an overall much more professional look.

I carry most of the equipment I need in my jump kit which I always take with me so why carry it on my person. In my shirt I carry a pen, penlight and my narc keys. On my belt I wear a pager and a stinger flashlight on my right side and radio on my left. My ears go around my neck. That is all I carry on my person.

I just don't like the look of 'EMT' pants, were Civilian not military Medics.

I checked all the pants, trousers, blue jeans and sports shorts that I own. Where on them is the "6 Month Mark?" I was unable to locate it, what does it look like?

lol

Actually, due to fit, or more correctly lack of, I don't recommend the Dockers brand pants, but that is just my experiences. I was never comfortable in them.

Others might swear by them.

i <3 ems bdu's. thats just what i feel comfortable in. i always have aton of stuff in my pockets-notepad for vitals, refusals, pen(s) (i always leave them somewhere) pen light, etc.

You need BDU cargo pockets for that? Come on, be honest. I think you could fit all of that in one shirt pocket if you really put your mind to it, couldn't you? Give it a try!

Or just put it in your clipboard that you have to carry anyhow.

I've found in my travels and experiences that the main reason people prefer the 'ems pants' or "BDU's", is because the wearer likes that 'paramilitary look' from 'blousing your boots'.

If you actually NEED all the junk you carry in all your pockets, its time to rethink how much stuff you're carrying, and how to better carry it.

I've never understood the concept of loading youself down with 37.6 pounds of extra junk, then work an MVA where you cant seem to get 'comfortable' because of the extra junk in the pockets.

I've worked for companies that require the 'uniform pants', and I too, prefer that look over the 'paramilitary' look.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.