emt pants PLEASE HELP

fireman0928

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the service i am getting ready to be involved with has a no emt pant policy they make us wear dress slacks is there anything you can think of that i can do to get this changed????

Well, solution one is to not take a job with the company. No offense, but it does seem a little disingenuous to be hired, and then immediately complain about the dress code.

Second, is this a 911 company, interfacility, or mixed?

Third, are you talking about requiring dickies or talking about the thin cotton slacks like what you should wear to an interview?

the service i am getting ready to be involved with has a no emt pant policy they make us wear dress slacks is there anything you can think of that i can do to get this changed????

Pope Co EMS in Russellville, AR wears polyester uniform pants, white "airline" shirts and poly jackets that are dark navy in color. It sucks and makes it hard to see them and I don't know many of them that would not rather have ems pants.

I think the duty slacks are much more professional and comfortable than any BDU or EMS pants I have had the "pleasure" or wearing. There is no realistic reason to have a pant with eight pockets in them for 911 ambulance use..none that I have been privi too.

IMHO the EMS pants look amateurish and...how you say?... Whackerish..

I think the duty slacks are much more professional and comfortable than any BDU or EMS pants I have had the "pleasure" or wearing. There is no realistic reason to have a pant with eight pockets in them for 911 ambulance use..none that I have been privi too.

I agree. The uniform I have to wear includes pants with the reflective stripe and of course 6 pockets. In my pockets I carry a wallet and a cell phone. On my belt...Nothing, that's why I have pockets

I think they look stupid and too close to a security guard or cop.

Do they fit better? How about in the crotch area where most pants are worn thin? What about the cold and wind? Do they repel well? I keep my wallet, scissors, cell phone, and a quick reference paramedic guide in mine. I usually wear proppers which are nice and cheap ( a helluva lot cheaper to replace then my protuffs are) and they have two back, two front, two side and the scissor insert and they are comfortable for me.

We wear dark navy blue uniform shirt and pants (basic FF type). It looks very professional and I prefer it.

BUT, I honestly think EMS pants would be more functional. We're not FF's or cops. We're routinely bending in weird ways more than FD and PD is, spend more time on the ground, and a FEW bigger pockets would be useful.

But we're all about image at this company, so we do the whole professional uniform thing. Gotta say, I think we look pretty sharp compared to all other ambulance companies I've seen.

Do they fit better? How about in the crotch area where most pants are worn thin? What about the cold and wind? Do they repel well?

Yeah, I think they do. Don't carry a wallet, ID and stuff in breast pocket of shirt, Maybe some tourniquets or alcohol in my pockets..Pens and stuff up top. I dont see the need to carry scissors and crap on your person if it is in the jump bag...IMHO

Most full time ops provide uniforms and replace pants when needed. Price is not an issue at that point and everyone looks "uniform"...Not a mishmash..

Again..my opinin :lol:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.