Warning, Very Nasty indeed!! LOL OMG

WendyT

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Removal of any necrotic tissue, irrigation with antibiotics, along with lots and lots of IV antibiotics, would be my guess! Been there - done that, when my appendix ruptured a few years back, only the pus that came out of me was black, not white.

Then was discharged out of the hospital after 8 days, with a BP of 80/40, and a temp. of 104.4C... :shock: Only to end up back in hospital 3 days later!

Why they discharged me from hospital in that condition, I'll never know!

Never want to go through that ever again! It was horrible!

Can any of you more medically inclined people out there get past the ick factor and tell me what in the name of God was going on here? I can only guess some kind of very bad deep tissue infection. Maybe a diabetic? I wouldn't doubt a homeless person. Lets throw some academics at this or we can just go back to puking in our popcorn.

I would have to agree with Asys. There is another video, the beginning, which looks like a possible sore on the side of the knee they cut into. How can someone let that go on for long enough to get that infected, I am assuming that would be quite painful?

My grandmother had a pocket of puss (come to find out staph infection) on the lateral side of her right knee knee. She was gardening and got a minor scrape that healed and eventually formed the pocket. The pocket was the size of a pea and she said it was quite painful and warm to the touch.

I would suspect without seeing the rest of the leg or knee that there had been some sort of surgery on the knee. I would suspect that the knee repair had gotten infected and this is the result.

but EWWW can you imagine the smell.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.