Good place to go to college in Canada?

Jesse202

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheap living...sounds like saskatchewan!!

I took my PCP and ICP at SIAST in Sask and worked there for a few years. As far as I am concerned SIAST is one of the best EMS colleges in canada. They focus on A&P and always ask the question "why?" and "How?"

After moving to Alberta and talking with many students from many schools I an very happy I chose SIAST.

I have no idea about BC, but I am sure it is not as cheap as Sask.

Why not move to the US, they pay for everything apparently, whatever you do dont move to Calgary or Edmonton, because it is to darn expensive here.

Don't move to the United States for EMS.

BC is not your best choice. If you want to be a PCP you would only get part time work in smaller communities. If you take your ACP you would be limited to the places you could work, outside of the Greater Vancouver area only 5 cities have ACP units. Hey but we are a world leader in EMS :oops:

I hear they have some good schools

The United States? Sure, there will be some good schools, but if you are seeking an education then stay in Canada. Please take some time to read about EMS in the United States before even considering moving there. (And if you just want to go to school there and then come back here easily you can forget that too.)

I don't know anything about the US and paramedics. I was actually not even looking at it as a option.

The United States? Sure, there will be some good schools, but if you are seeking an education then stay in Canada. Please take some time to read about EMS in the United States before even considering moving there. (And if you just want to go to school there and then come back here easily you can forget that too.)

Good, keep it that way. If I were you I would check out Holland College in PEI. I don't know anyone who has done their PCP program, but I have a friend doing ACP there right now and he says that it is a great school.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.