Help my son!!!!!!

brock8024

Get a SAMPLE.

I just can't get used to these newfangled acronyms.

I sat here for a good five minutes thinking, "sample of what?" :?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just can't get used to these newfangled acronyms.

I sat here for a good five minutes thinking, "sample of what?" :?

WOW!! Dust man thats bad. How long has SAMPLE been around now?

How long has SAMPLE been around now?

I dunno, but it's too long.

I have to admit I have enjoyed the visual of Anthony squatting next to the patient holding a stool sample bowl. :lol:

Avian flu. I'm outtie!

How is abdomen on palpation? What did his 'stomach' flu consist of? Cough? Pain anywhere? Soreness? Photosensitivity? Sore Throat? Fever (or is this new onset)? Diarrhea? Vomiting? Eating/Drinking? Any semi-recent injuries?

He has some withdrawal from pain on his abd. His bowel sounds are hyperactive. He has had NVD. He has had the fever for a few days and has been taking OTC meds for that. he has been eating less and less.

He has an infection! Lung sounds? cough? sputum? diarrhea?

Aspiration pneumonia for 100 Alex. What is meningitis? maybe SARS. Probably septic. Peritonitis?

Oh! Rabies!

Does he have any hx?

Start some NS anyway. Does he need ventilatory support?

He has not been bitten by any animals. Umm mother states that he was acting funny last night. He is normally nice and calm but last night before bed he seemed moody and did not want to be touched. he is breathing has increased to 36-40 and labored.

Oh and how does his condition change after O2. I'm to decide what to do with airway/breathing.

Would 12-lead (enroute) be too much? I'm just thinking that b/c obviously not perfusing well.

I'd start loading now.

He is still not perfusing well. 12 lead shows sinus tach