Armageddon has arrived

ERDoc

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[align=center:5b95b2b6a3]Latest craze for the we're all gonna die crowd.

checkmark.gifAIDS

checkmark.gifEBOLA

checkmark.gifHANTAVIRUS

checkmark.gifMAD COW

checkmark.gifSARS

checkmark.gifSMALLPOX

checkmark.gifANTHRAX

checkmark.gifBIRD FLU

checkmark.gifMRSA

AND COMING SOON.....

BUBONIC PLAGUE FOURTH PANDEMIC[/align:5b95b2b6a3]

Your forgetting killer bees, global warming [it's 50 degrees in Boston right now. I don't know where this global warming is, but can it hurry up?], tsunamis, mega earth quakes, forest fires [no rain=dry brush, lots of rain = more brush than normal], dirty bombs, shoe bombs, light bright pictures of cartoon characters that used batteries [boston], violent video games causing school shootings [yes, your little snowflake is killing people because he played Doom and/or Counter Strike], lap top bombs, liquid bombs, cell phones causing brain cancer, and the Y2K bug.

Hard to tell.. Nobody has ever came right out and said it, but anything that deals with wounds (rather than injuries that have recently occurred) or septic shock, that is always the first thing the ER asks.. Lots of staph patients, some w/ uber nasty drainage and odors. :pukeright:

We havent but the schools are getting crazy about it, if a kid has a pimple they call the parnets to pick them up and take them to the MD to be tested since they have had two kids die contributed to MRSA.

I am taking more serious note on MRSA than other scares. We have a outbreak of MRSA that has hit most nursing homes (non scientific prediction is about 50% of the NH population), more scarier is we have an increased VRSA that has tripled in the past two years. A couple of years ago we would see a few patients with it, now it is on a daily basis. This is a community of only about 50,000.

As well, I am seeing younger people with MRSA. It is not unusual to see recurrent wound infections with MRSA in people ages from 20-35 now. In fact most wounds that I do see do have MRSA, hence the reason they finally seeked treatment.

Unfortunately, medicine is responsible for this. Over prescribing every sniffle with an antibiotic, and not promoting good hygiene and hand washing, yes primary from the medical staff. What does scare me, is the increased numbers that are no longer contained inside as a nosocomial infection, rather up to 70% now. More scarier is to culture EMS personal and equipment!

Should we be predicting the doom.. who knows? We should be promoting ways in preventing it.

Sorry, I personally rather not have or MRSA/ VRSA around.

I was reading an article the other day and it was on the force feeding of the movie Inconvenient Truth to kids in school.

One student said that they have watched it in every classroom he's in. He's seen it 7 times already this year.

He said and I quote from the article (source forthcoming) that "I don't want to die from Global Warming"

My friend is a child mental health worker and he has 2 kids right now that are dealing with significant stress because they think that the oceans are going to overflow due to global warming. One of the kids have seen the movie 4 times this year in class. One of the classes is his music class. He's 9 years old.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.