Have You Fallen in Love with a Patient?

JaxSage

How Many Patients Have You've Fallen in Love with?  

33 members have voted

1. 1.

• None! I'm a professional, dang it!
    • Maybe one or two...but I got over it quickly
    • Plenty! Can't you tell that I'm lonely??
    • I married a patient! And I'm expecting a baby, too!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nearest was a mom and 3 senior teen daughters, each one better looking than the rest, all with Christmas Party related food poisoning.

4 walking patients, and 4 call reports later, all at the hospital, and a really good dreaming session when I got home.

Beyond "vitalizing" (recording vital signs), I didn't even approach! My Lady J is a purple belt in Shogotan Karate!

I've fallen in love with a patient's boobs, that's about it. :twisted:

That's everybody on my job :) One of my partners said that he and another guy did a 12 lead on a woman just so that they could see her busty glories. And according to him, they were quite beautiful. This isn't really the norm. That patient was sort of the exception to the rule. I guess it's kind of like wanting to do a 12 lead on Pamela Anderson...and she just called 911 just to get her finger looked at.

I would tell female students in my CPR classes that if they ever get in an ambulance and the medics wanted to do a 12 lead, they have the right to deny it :)

That's everybody on my job :) One of my partners said that he and another guy did a 12 lead on a woman just so that they could see her busty glories. And according to him, they were quite beautiful. This isn't really the norm. That patient was sort of the exception to the rule. I guess it's kind of like wanting to do a 12 lead on Pamela Anderson...and she just called 911 just to get her finger looked at.

I would tell female students in my CPR classes that if they ever get in an ambulance and the medics wanted to do a 12 lead, they have the right to deny it :)

You understand that could be considered a criminal offense right? And that these medics demonstrated way beyond a lack of professionalism, but violated their position and the trust their patient has in them? At best, if it was a joke with no relationship with a real situation or patient, than they show so little judgment that they don't even recognize potential career suicide when they say it.

One of my partners said that he and another guy did a 12 lead on a woman just so that they could see her busty glories. And according to him, they were quite beautiful. This isn't really the norm. That patient was sort of the exception to the rule. I guess it's kind of like wanting to do a 12 lead on Pamela Anderson...and she just called 911 just to get her finger looked at.

Ya that crosses a line in my books all joking aside.

And the 2nd part seems like poor advice to me, seeing as how the basis of the story HAS to be that the medics "want" to look at your breasts. BTW I can and have done 12 leads without exposing the entire chest.

Trauma? :lol:

A few MVA's mostly. One had very bad asthma. By the time she was 33 she had 1/3 of a lung removed. Two I know of from fights, but not with me. :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.