My First Call

Madrik

I was still in the EMT Basic class when I had the radio that night as a student. I ran off out of class to a call.

The call was two 13 year old girls fell off the roof of a car going 55 M.P.H. When we arrived on scene, one girl was walking around with just a couple of scratches, and the other girl with a broken ankle.

Incredible, eh?

Posting just to get into the chat room? Because I think it's incredible that you think it's responsible to shirk your education just so you can go out and hit on a couple of 13 year olds. Didn't they teach you not to date your patients? :roll:

Or maybe this is just a troll. I don't know which is worse.

Cool? :?

I don't know why you'd run out of class to a call if you're not even a Basic yet...What would an EMT-B student do on scene besides be a bag bi**h and "learn by observing". IMO you would have been better off staying in class and learning all that you can there.

But congrats on your first call!

CONGRATS :twisted: on your third post...go have fun in the chat room

Man i need a picture with comments just for this :twisted:

Well, I didn't post JUST to join the chat room, but that didn't stop me from checking it out. Anyway, the chat room kinda sucks anyway.

However, with the first reply... uh.. the fuck? I wouldn't want a medic with a head like that tending to me.

Also, it was nearing the end of class and the instructor said whoever's on call to catch that one.

With all said, if this is the shit that goes on in this community, then I don't wanna be a part of it.

...the chat room kinda sucks anyway.

However, with the first reply... uh.. the fuck?

With all said, if this is the shit that goes on in this community, then I don't wanna be a part of it.

Could you please watch that filthy language. We are a good God fearing community of Christians and Jews that only long to better our society and chosen occupation. I am sorry if some of our brothers came off as a little rude. You see we've had problems with individuals coming in and stealing from the collection plate. So we might be a little protective of our internet chapel. Please forgive us our trespasses and we hope you stay to worship with us.

Peace and Love,

Marty

Also, it was nearing the end of class and the instructor said whoever's on call to catch that one.

Doesn't matter. If you lack the ability to focus on your education then, as a prospective employer, I have no confidence in your ability to focus on your patients. As an educator, if you leave my classroom before class is over, it's the same as dropping out. And any school that allows radios, pagers, or cellphones sucks.

Hopefully, by "this community," you mean EMS. Don't let the door hit you in the arse.

Ouch.

Anyway, have you considered the thought that maybe the car wasn't actually going 55 miles per hour? Dispatchers get things wrong sometimes. [s:46abf06fdc]Anyway, [/s:46abf06fdc](I tend to overuse that word) [s:46abf06fdc]w[/s:46abf06fdc] Welcome to the city, and good luck finishing EMT-B school.

You know, I'm surprised no one has asked the obvious. "What were the girls doing on the roof of the car in the first place?" Is this like common practice in everyone elses area or something?

Secondly, this is a community for professional EMTs and Paramedics to compare notes and give each other a hard time. That being said, if you write a post about girls falling off of roofs with scratches on their ankles, people will give you the brush off. If you wish to discuss a call you are on, be sure to include the good stuff, like vitals, what the final disposition was (i.e. boarded/collared/transported/released) with an intelligent question or insight added. You'll get a much better reception.

Lastly, we ain't just Jews and Christians. I think we have some Muslims, Buddhists, Taoists, and I am more than certain a few Rastafarians kicking as well.

I just assumed they were on the roof "surfing", seen it done many times and there are videos of it all over the net.

Good points however, there was no substance to this topic. Please take note and try better next time. Always strive for improvement.

Welcome to the city by the way.

And as far as the chat room sucking, you sure seemed like you were having a grand ol time...

Glad you metioned all the other beliefs, but what about the ones that are "nothingness"?