JEMS should be a hit with the basics...

DwayneEMTP

So in my feeble mind a question is raised .. just how can these hurdles be overcome?

There must be a way to improve the system to improve educational standards but the question remain just HOW ? It will not be overnight or fly by night a thoughtful action plan started by one school leaving all other educational institutes to follow the example ... did not D. Freeman start things out this way ?

Just idea, but what about including serious dedicated experts to teach ? Not the run of the mill ranks present Paramedics teaching presently .... quoting we do it this way because it has always been done this way, I believe its the educational process that recieves a failing grade.

Use EXPERIANCED bedside RNs, NP, or PA to teach anatomy physiology, cardiology, bedside assesments +++. Good RTs to teach pulmonary mechanics as this topic is quite complex in itself. D.I. to teach xray interpretation (a great way to fully understand pathology) and the Lab types to teach Haematology do you get my point ?

AND ER MDs that are pro-active to teach topics that currently exceed present standards USING evidence based medicine as the guide? and not just to direct to follow protocols.

ALL this could really make a difference in the Proffession working with the Hospital staff to become a part of the Health care team, and not the bastard son, gaining other dedicated Health care providers approval and confidence as oppsed to those damn Ambulance drivers that bring us MORE patients. Just think have a friendly discussion in the hallway, with an RN talking about a educator in common ... this could go a long long way.

I have a dream "someguy" said ? Sure hope Kelly sees this.

Would this not decrease the liability issues as well ? as the Alberta Experiance is the Paramedic level is a rare bird in the courts system (unless as a witness's for the Crown) This could address the risk assessment for liability issues and make the difference in the educational process a positive instead of a fear driven policy that I have observed as a outsider, reduce the liability issue and expand the roles of the Paramedic ... Ah using Lawyers for the GOOD instead of EVIL ... just saying, it can be accomplised with the right attitude.

I for one would certianly would like to hear the Wes's of EMS/Law have to say about this concept ...Hello Wes You out there Brother Man?

cheers

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one would certianly would like to hear the Wes's of EMS/Law have to say about this concept ...Hello Wes You out there Brother Man?

I hope he is too. It was Wes, in fact, that started the above noted discussion. It appears to me that he falls on the same side of the issue as we do.

we get firehouse and jems here but most of us just read guns and ammo

Its sad to say often I find Guns and Ammo to be far more in depth and objective then Firehouse and Jems.

I hope he is too. It was Wes, in fact, that started the above noted discussion. It appears to me that he falls on the same side of the issue as we do.

AHH the brotherhod of the Armadillo er EMStock raises its collective educted heads from the Burrow. te he watch out EMS.

Asysin2leads:

Its sad to say often I find Guns and Ammo to be far more in depth and objective then Firehouse and Jems.

Hey Asy so what red blooded North American (insert type of plumbing here) doesen't like spreading a bit of lead / love around ?

I slay me ...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.