Go Ahead and Hate Your Neighbor Go Ahead and Cheat A Friend

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I agree with spenac about the topic being beaten to death, I'll drop a line anyway.

Simply remember when you see a medic perform this type of behavior, it is simply their way of trying to justify their own inabilities. Most of those that I've seen do this kind of crap, aren't worth a s*#t themselves, and would'nt be a "wart" on a real medic's arse. Just look over it, because they won't last in the business. I'm sure all the veteran medics like me will tell you; "people like that come and go all the time". As Dust put it........Education is the only answer.

Ok... can someone please clarify something for me here? 1. You are supposed to search before you post and read every other post on that subject before venturing to add to an old thread or create a new one. You lose points for not having searched first. 2. If the subject of interest happens to only have a thread that is older than 6 months you get ragged for resurrecting an ancient thread. If you start a new thread due to that fact you get in trouble for not adding to the older thread. 3. Participation in the forums is how you establish credibility and enter our other form of dialogue-- the chatroom. You must post... and perhaps you want to ask a realtime question in the chatroom, but are new to forums as a mode of communication. So what do you do? Post something redundant or inane to be able to access the chatroom! 4. Then you get accused of being a: troll, post whore, stupid, inept at using the search function. Then you leave because everyone jumped on you. 5. Final point here... so how exactly are we supposed to educate newer members who could offer valuable input to our community, reach the population we most desperately need to reach, and keep active members in the City who don't go away saying that it was just another paragod club? Wendy, CO EMT-B

Ok... can someone please clarify something for me here? 1. You are supposed to search before you post and read every other post on that subject before venturing to add to an old thread or create a new one. You lose points for not having searched first. 2. If the subject of interest happens to only have a thread that is older than 6 months you get ragged for resurrecting an ancient thread. If you start a new thread due to that fact you get in trouble for not adding to the older thread. 3. Participation in the forums is how you establish credibility and enter our other form of dialogue-- the chatroom. You must post... and perhaps you want to ask a realtime question in the chatroom, but are new to forums as a mode of communication. So what do you do? Post something redundant or inane to be able to access the chatroom! 4. Then you get accused of being a: troll, post whore, stupid, inept at using the search function. Then you leave because everyone jumped on you. 5. Final point here... so how exactly are we supposed to educate newer members who could offer valuable input to our community, reach the population we most desperately need to reach, and keep active members in the City who don't go away saying that it was just another paragod club? Wendy, CO EMT-B

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, and kill all Paramedics, except those that have worked in Colorado.

Got it?

:lol:

Peace,

Marty

There's paragod clubs? Where do I sign up? I guess when our threads integrate opinions from doctors, nurses, and medics with years of field experience, some people may be excluded, so in the interest of including all:

HEY IMA EMTB I HAVE NINE SAVES THIOS WEEKE AND I SAV TEH PARAMDICS

Asys, you know that is not what I am getting at. Sorry about there not being spacing... and yes, many of our threads integrate opinions from many levels of medical care... but how do we teach noobs to wade through the Bullschit that permeates every thread in here? How do we teach people to ask intelligent questions and how the hell do we expect folks to participate and learn if automatically they receive a -you suck- response? If you will notice, those noobs who are responded to with a little tact and or kindness tend to stick around and become contributors. I just don't get the post to interact... how dare you post like that didn't you search first... don't get mad at ME cycle. What gives? We keep coming back to the fact that education is the key to solving some of these problems... but then we refuse to educate (which includes altering teaching style as necessary to reach someone...) and get on high horses about how well we spell and post. You know me in here guys... you know what I am trying to ask. If you really want this stuff to change you wll do something more than jump at the noob and bitch about how bad they all are. Just my opinion as always...

Oh shut up nobody cares what you think Basic!!!!!

Just kidding of course.

Wendy,

When I quoted your post it came up formatted nicely, I think it is an issue with the forum not with you. I am going to report your post to admin so he can look into it.

Personally I try to be nice, to quote Samuel L...

I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd.

Yet every so often someone just has to be put down. I try to limit when I go off, but some people on this forum deserve it. Alas, many of those are new people who come onto this forum and try to stir up problems. These people are TROLLS, every forum has them. Unfortunately sometimes we can be over sensitive to attitudes and might scare off a good person. If I have done that I am sorry.

Now, when you use the word "Paragod" you are really not helping your cause. I am sorry but many times the people who stir up problems are fakes, people who claim to be Basics or Paramedics. In turn the ones who tend to challenge them are Paramedics. Yes, there are some real HUGE egos on this site, both Basic and Paramedic. And yes some threads turn to sh*t. To pick out Paramedics as the only ones who can be asses though is wrong. You of all people should know better than to generalize.

Peace,

Marty

Mea culpa if paragod was the offending word... but you know exactly the mentality I was trying to show with that term since it is one we are all familiar with. And basics are guilty of that sort of behavior too... not meaning to only paint the EMT-P folks on this site. Perhaps I should have sad know-it-all, or arrogant healthcare provider instead? That is really what I was going for... but anyway. As to the spacing... usually I can break up my posts with my enter key... but it and the k and i keys are dying on me here! Backspace died a long time ago lol .

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.