• Don't know
    • Don't care
    • I'm really scared

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK OK OK BACK ON TARGET

Amazing how things get so discombobulated.

so I request we all go back to our respective corners or countries and come back and start this again.

All I asked if universal healthcare would be detrimental to the US or not. Not if it would be detrimental to Iraq, Iran, Iceland, denmark or even little ole peru.

So if you are not going to talk to the subject at hand, whether the universal healthcare is good for the us, then please stop the yell fest here.

• 1 year later...

Anyway, if your constitution is such a problem, just amend it. That's how the best parts got in. 8)

I'm so glad you're not an american. It's a shame there are so many amendments to the constitution. If our forefathers were able to come back, they would be very disappointed at all this government control.

Edited by Dar_USAF-Lifeguard

I'm so glad you're not an american. It's a shame there are so many amendments to the constitution. If our forefathers were able to come back, they would be very disappointed at all this government control.

Dar just saved a life!!! She resurrected a thread from 2 years ago...beat that!!

Ok let me ask these two questions

Please answer both questions separately. Please do not put them both in the same context.

Would you support "Free" healthcare for all?

Would you support Increased taxes to fund the "Free" healthcare for all Concept?

[/quote

There is no such thing as "Free Health Care", someone has to pay for it (taxpayers). Just look at how out of budget the Medicare Prescription Drug Program is, in just a few short years. My plan would include:

1. Tort Reform for frivolous lawsuits

2. Make Insurance portable across state lines, the competition would reduce the prices.

3. Deny Insurance companies the ability to deny anyone or drop anyone for any reason.

4. Mandate that everyone get insurance, or take away their annual tax refund check, or make them pay a higher payroll tax, to put in a pool of money for the uninsured.

5. Base reimbursement to all healthcare providers (including EMS) on performance indicators that are related to outcomes.

If you do that, you do not need a national plan. If you do create a national plan, it should just be for catastrophic care, and it should not be free (even if its just $10.00/month, they should pay something). I would do away with Medicare, and use those funds to pay for it, if you have been in the US for 65 years and still can not afford health insurance, you should be deported. Get the lazy/worthless folks out of the system, and we will be better off (veterans excluded).