Just Plain Ruff

How will National Healthcare for All affect your service  

14 members have voted

1. 1.

• We are screwed
    • Don't know
    • Don't care
    • I'm really scared

So what are the opinions of those here regarding the national healthcare that seems to be all the buzz these days.

They are saying that everyone will be covered and actually you will be in violation of the law if you don't have insurance.

How do you think national healthcare for everyone will affect the bottom line of EMS services?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that will be one we just have to watch and see how it plays out. But I wonder what will happen to all the Insurance companies that employ thousands of people it we were to go to a national health care plan. For EMS maybe if under one healthcare plan all the bills will be paid and the individuals will not have a copay.

Aww.. Hillary's great plan! :wink: I remember in the 90's discussing with surgeons and other practicing physicians the dilemma of the national healthcare plan. Many were discussing on how they were going to have to change.

From what I recall the main objective was to be sure everyone had a card so no one would know if what and type of coverage until services were rendered. This was to eliminate "wallet biopsies" and be sure to ensure everyone gets treated.

Unfortunately, there was no direct plan on how to pay or reimburse such programs except to increase taxes and cut health payments directly. This is where the physicians preferred to kill this action. They were quite aware that their life style and income was to drastically change.

Such proposals could be interesting. Either this could kill EMS or be a shot in the arm. Either such plans would increase the recommendation of increasing volunteerism or perhaps kill volunteer units unless they meet and compete against public utility models or such similar programs. Since the best care should be provided for all.

Personally, I do not think this will ever occur in the near future. The two largest lobbying groups will make sure of it. Insurance companies and AMA. Probably one of the few times that they will actually agree upon something.

R/r 911

well i think that everyone should have some type of healthcare, my partner this past weekend had a patient who was having CP the last 3 weeks, and that person did nothing, because they did not have any insurance, could it have been a MI, not sure but, we all need some type of insurance..................

Want a reason not to have the gov't run healthcare? Go to the DMV. Billary can't get the Dumicrats to agree that it's going to be dark tonight. At best the "national healthcare program" will be medical welfare. If you think ynu get BS calls now...

Ok let me ask these two questions

Please answer both questions separately. Please do not put them both in the same context.

Would you support "Free" healthcare for all?

Would you support Increased taxes to fund the "Free" healthcare for all Concept?

There is no such thing. At some point someone has to pay the doctor otherwise why is he seeing patients? If the doctor is collecting a salary from the government, then where is the government getting the money to pay the doctor? to run the hospitals? Taxes. Who pays taxes? Everyone who works and spends money ($20 per pack tax on cigarettes anyone?). NOTHING is free. SOMEONE always has to pay for it.

Would you support Increased taxes to fund the "Free" healthcare for all Concept?

No. I have health insurance paid for by my employer. Under the healthcare for all concept I'd lose that insurance plus some cash from my paycheck in the form of higher taxes in exchange for my new "Free" insurance. The money my employer once put towards my benefit package would be going to the government too. Employers will no doubt see massive tax increases to help pay for the...all together now....'Free' insurance. After all, no one likes big, evil corporations...especially democrats.

No, the tax burden would be ludicrous. If one looks at the Oregon Health Plan it is a shining example of why the government can't run healthcare. Oregon is constantly adding new taxes and shutting down state services all in the name of the OHP. The new twist for Oregon taxpayers is that state workers are signing up illegal aliens for the plan. Also, do you really believe that National Healthcare would be more efficient than Medicare or Medicaid? Once again the Clinton's are blowing the healthcare horn to get elected, knowing damn well it will never get passed.

No, I believe in a limited Federal government, since when do we have to suckle off the Federal titty for everything we want. For over 200 years this country survived without universal healthcare. Now all of a sudden people have decided that healthcare is a right defined in the Constitution. I am still waiting for someone to point that part out to me. The same people also say that the internet is a right for all Americans, what's next 62" plasma TV's? An X-Box 360 for all? A new amendment stating that everyone gets 40 acres and a Dodge Stratus?

F'ing insanity. I am all for helping those that need it but this is taking it to a ridiculous level.

Peace,

Marty