Firefighter fired for pretending to be in Special Forces

Thats absolutely horrible. It is truly sadden that people make themselves out to be military. those families, most of ALL those men deserve our respect. Anyone who are serving and had serve they are the reasons we are here today. ANYONE TAKING anything FROM THOSE WHO REALLY SERVE THIS COUNTRY is not worth the dirt he/she walks on.

Take Care and God Bless Our REAL troops

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several good points here. Foremost is that this is indeed more than a simple wannabe hero thing here. This is a thief. You wanna impress your loser friends with bullshit war stories, that's one thing. But if you want to make a dishonest profit off of that -- a profit from MY tax dollars -- then that's even worse than being a simple liar. Forging federal documents to pull it all off shows a lot of intent. There is no "misunderstanding" here. It doesn't matter if the local DA drops charges of fraud and official misconduct. The federal prosecutor is going to have a field day with his arse.

And it does sound like the FD is either stupid, or at least playing stupid. A shake-up is needed there too. This is some serious mismanagement. It makes them really look bad. I dunno if it gives firefighters in general a black-eye, but it certainly doesn't improve their image. There are losers in every profession though.

The Special Ops community does not take kindly to these guys. There are many current and retired NSW and SF guys out there who make it their life's obsession to expose fake operators and push for both their humiliation and their prosecution. See this site for a basic primer on the topic. Google "fake seals" and you'll see how common this problem is, as well as how much effort is put into finding and eliminating the frauds.

That said, there are definitely private contractors out here who are working special ops, side by side with military operators. I see them everyday, and they are to be seriously respected. Aside from making better money, they are taking every bit the risk and working every bit as hard as their military partners. But they also earned those credentials in prior military service. They're not just Joe Wannabe who took a weekend long "tactical medic" course in Houston and labelled themselves a "Special Operator." And they also don't go around telling people they are something they are not. These guys are perfectly comfortable and confident with who they are and don't need to go blowharding to anybody to pump themselves up.

That right there is the difference. Most real operators you will meet, you will never know their true story, because they don't advertise it. It's hard to even pull it out of them. Nine times out of ten, if somebody starts telling you of their special ops heroics without a lot of prodding, it's bullshit. Or else they're drunk. :lol:

Thats absolutely horrible. It is truly sadden that people make themselves out to be military. those families, most of ALL those men deserve our respect. Anyone who are serving and had serve they are the reasons we are here today. ANYONE TAKING anything FROM THOSE WHO REALLY SERVE THIS COUNTRY is not worth the dirt he/she walks on.

Take Care and God Bless Our REAL troops

or is buried under.

SSG I have followed this story since it was released.

I am trying to find the follow up stories for you. He was quoted several times saying he was doing SF assignments and that the civilian job was his cover. He also went on to say that the military could not/would not provide him with neccesary documents as again not to blow his cover. He made a big stink about how he was serving his country and risking his life and now all of this has happened. The military only states they have no records of him being a soldier.

He also went on to say that the military could not/would not provide him with neccesary documents as again not to blow his cover.

This is always a sure sign of a complete bullshit story. The government may skimp on details, or even give you false details. But to totally deny the existance of a military operator just doesn't happen. If you serve, you get documents. Period. Anybody who says otherwise is lying. This guy -- like most of these losers -- has been watching too many spy movies.

Thanks! I just thought I was losing my mind and having reading comprehension issues!! I know I lost some IQ points when I was an infantry guy, but I did not think it was that bad!!

LOL. Well let's remember that it is pretty common for the media to write headlines that are not supported by the story itself, and vice versa. You're not going crazy. There's just a lot of idiots writing in the news media these days.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.