Stay and play / scoop and scoot

ratel

I am probably putting my famous "New York 'Spin'" on this, but, State protocol, far as I know, if in a car crash, there is even one dead, all others from the incident get immobilized, and everyone, except for the DOA, goes to a trauma center.
From the incident or the same vehicle? Same vehicle would make more sense, but with state protocols...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Therefore, except for the DOA, everyone from any and all vehicles in the incident go. If there was enough force to kill someone, all need to be checked, and presumed injured. Immobilize all.
Do you guys have a selective spinal immobilization protocol?

Manual stabilization, C-collar, KEDS (Kendricks Extrication Device), KODE (Kendricks Other Device for Extrication), or IDEA (Iron Duck Extrication Appliance), Long Spinal Board, Head-Bed. Oxygen (NRB @ 15 LPM, Canula @ 5 LPM if patient not tolerating NRB). Obtain V/S, and Hx, transport to Trauma Center.

I may have left something out.

Manual stabilization, C-collar, KEDS (Kendricks Extrication Device), KODE (Kendricks Other Device for Extrication), or IDEA (Iron Duck Extrication Appliance), Long Spinal Board, Head-Bed. Oxygen (NRB @ 15 LPM, Canula @ 5 LPM if patient not tolerating NRB). Obtain V/S, and Hx, transport to Trauma Center.

I may have left something out.

If this was in response to my question, it's not quite what I was looking for. We have a EMT-I & EMT-P selective spinal immobilization protocol for trauma patients. We assess for neuro deficit/complaint, point tenderness, anatomic deformity, MOI, distracting injury, and communication issues. Based on our findings, we may or may not immobilize the pt. If the response was not to my question, I'll shut up and stand over here. :oops: :lol:

Is the IDEA any better than the KEDS or KODE?