Cameras in Bunkrooms?

Riblett

It's all about packaging and a strict no refunds policy. You put the few cute and hot ones on the packaging and websites [it doesn't have to be action shots or anything], and the rest could be the ones who's doing it because the on the Stryker is the only place they have a chance.

Oh, another good edition could be Ferno's Bunnies.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might want to look over your contract/handbook.

Even something like Management reserves the right to electronically monitor all working areas. Or something similar would hold up for them.

Wouldn't they have to prove that the bunkroom is a working area and that there is absolutely no expectation of privacy by the employees?

How do they classify bathrooms and locker rooms? I would think they would have to allow some sort of area of privacy. Does the company not need any justification for putting up cameras in the first place? I suppose if there are prevalent theft issues, but that's still a stretch.

I would think that it is classified as a work are if it is a unisex bunk room, and if it also provided for the purposes of resting while on duty. If the room was for sleeping between shifts then i think that would be different

• 5 months later...
Unless you consider the bathroom a changing area, no we do not have specified changing areas. And many people do not sleep in their full uniform, especially if it is a same sex crew.

Management has not come out and said that there are cameras, but it has been rumored. If they wanted to put them in there, then fine...but notify the employees. I will make sure I sleep in full clothing and change in the bathroom only from now on. But if they are there, then how long have they been there?

There have been many cases of employees being videotaped at work and lost suits because it was concluded that in the workplace there is no reasonable expectation of privacy. Exception being inside the bathroom, which is an established expectation of privacy almost anywhere. But I suppose that EMS/Fire are the only civilian professions that have bedrooms so they may be new ground.

My service forbids us in the writing of the uniform policy from sleeping in uniform due to the unprofessionalism it creates and can encourage when one doesn't take the time to make it look presentable. Even without uniforms on at night we have to meet a 2 minute response time and a one min before 2200.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.