Cameras in Bunkrooms?

Riblett

But on the other hand isnt it better to do it in the bunker room than the back of the ambulance?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I owned a business I would definately have video monitoring. My protection and my employees protection.

What about when the female half of this get fired for something, she comes back and brings sexual assualt/harassment claims.

I can agree with cameras in all areas except where there is reasonable expectation of privacy such as the toilet, the shower, and the bed and it's immediate vicinity.

A camera that captures each person entering a place of privacy is fine but not the filming of those areas above. This why I feel you should do away with bunk rooms and have small room for each person. Then camera catches more than 1 person entering a room, same sex or not since we know that it is know longer an opposite sex thing, then disciplinary action is warranted. Dividing rooms based on sex discriminates against heterosexual's.

But on the other hand isnt it better to do it in the bunker room than the back of the ambulance?
And deny people entry into the Code 3 Club? :D

In all seriousness, I have an issue with " Big Brother " watching my every move. Cameras in the bunk rooms are a serious invasion of privacy. I would hope most EMS providers would be able to maintain some form of professionalism and keep the work place that way, but I digress.

Ridryder brings up a good idea. If management is so concerned about the activities of their employees then simply split them up, put them on different shifts, assign them to different stations etc. It is not rocket science, just good management.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.