Whacker Quiz

AnthonyM83

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100% baby...WooHOO!!!

Can't you see me a comin' down the road with the stars and bars a wavin and the lights a flashin'?

Git outta the way cuz the response is a happpenin....even got me a ladder on the rack of the truck to get up high!

the questions aren't that intuitive and they should have included a scale for the number of posts at the EMS websites

Add in a question about being a volunteer firefighter or EMS

Well, if volunteer EMS is the only thing in your area, I don't think one should get whacker points for it. What is one to do? Pack up and move away from your hometown to a salaried area without even knowing if you're good EMS? (I'm salaried, btw)

I do like the number of EMTCity posts, though....I think we're all whackers here for posting over 10 posts per year.

I'm 25% wacker.... but then my wife and parents have bought me collectable emergency vehicles and i own 3 scanners (mainly for amateur radio monitoring), but one is used to monitor public safety when I want to hear whats going on in the county.

Though I know Dust will have to argue with me that it should be higher for having FF in my name, but i figured since that is my actual job title of FF/EMT it is a good fit. B)

11%...a little inaccurate, b/c of the question about lights-there's not an option for none!

Me thinks you did not read the choices in the entirety.

Choice number one under question 6, says "one and I have a permit/NONE", choice number two says one.

You got a 11 percent cause you are indeed an 11 percent whacker.... B)B)B)

Though I know Dust will have to argue with me that it should be higher for having FF in my name, but i figured since that is my actual job title of FF/EMT it is a good fit. :lol:

Nah... just as long as it is an actual JOB (as in your paid profession), and not just a hobby or a pipe dream for the future.

The scanner scale should be relative to where the scanner is. If it is in your home, that's not so bad. But if it is in your vehicle, that is worth double points.

Anyhow, I can't make any sense out of your quiz scale, Ruff. It seems as if you reversed the points on some of the questions, like #3 where you get more points for having NO stickers/plates than you do for having them. And a few questions had no option for "None." And, of course, the gender question was politically incorrect since you excluded our transgendered peers. :lol:

Well, if volunteer EMS is the only thing in your area, I don't think one should get whacker points for it. What is one to do? Pack up and move away from your hometown to a salaried area without even knowing if you're good EMS?

Uhhh... yeah. Why not? Isn't that what every other profession on earth does? Ever meet any volunteer nurses? Physical Therapists? Engineers? Architects? Pilots? Mechanics? Carpenters? Prostitutes?

It just continues to amaze me how otherwise intelligent people imagine that there is something so inherently special about EMS that it should be structured and administrated in a manner different from every other profession. :?

Those professions that require you to move away, you usually invest quite a deal into them like 4 years of college. Having invested so much already, makes sense to go where the work is. But doesn't seem logical to relocate after taking a part-time community college EMT course to go work as an EMT somewhere for crap pay, when you can keep your current job and still do the work, until you either know it's what you want to do or get your medic schooling done. It would just seem irrational to me.

Ex: I know an 18 yro college student doing part time EMS in a rural area. Why would she quite college and relocate just to be an EMT. As long as you CAN do EMS for a hobby there will be people who WILL do it for a hobby. Don't hate the playa.... 8)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.