Whacker Quiz

AnthonyM83

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are a bunch of liars! I find it hard to believe all of you have percentages that are that low.

Is it that hard to believe that not everyone has a car that would put the lighting system at a rave to shame, or that the only time I wear my uniform to someplace when not on work is if I stop on the way to or from work?

You guys are a bunch of liars! I find it hard to believe all of you have percentages that are that low.
I am a lot of things, but a liar isn't one of them. I haven't any stickers or lights on my car, my pager is turned off as soon as I leave the station, I don't have any EMS shirts or scanners, no models of ambulances. Yep, pretty sure I'm not a whacker 8) .

Ok, What am I the biggest wacker on this site I got a 30% . Geeze, I have shirts I have hats from a few Fire departments I have one scanner with 53 Frequencies on it some fire some EMS and some Police and some Paramedic Dispatch frequencies but thats it. Do any of you guys think I'm a whacker ?

Ok, What am I the biggest wacker on this site I got a 30% . Geeze, I have shirts I have hats from a few Fire departments I have one scanner with 53 Frequencies on it some fire some EMS and some Police and some Paramedic Dispatch frequencies but thats it. Do any of you guys think I'm a whacker ?

Well, since you ask. Yes, I do. In fact, I regard anyone who privately owns a scanner a whacker. For some weird reason, Americans seem to find it not just legal, but also morally defensible to let anybody listen in on fire/PD/EMS communication, thereby sacrificing patient privacy and creating a more difficult environment for emergency workers. Needless to say, here, anything that could hack into those communications (which are encrypted and generally conducted via TETRA) would be illegal.

This post may sound harsh, but I feel very strongly about this and I am surprised that so many of you regard it as acceptable that anyone could legally be listening to you when you are sending or receiving sensitive information.

Edit: I scored 0% on the whacker scale...but then again, scanners are illegal, so are emergency lights on private vehicles, I never wear clothing that is given to people as an advertisement (like in trade shows) and I don't like the ICE-SAR uniform well enough to wear it unless needed... 8)

Well, since you ask. Yes, I do. In fact, I regard anyone who privately owns a scanner a whacker. For some weird reason, Americans seem to find it not just legal, but also morally defensible to let anybody listen in on fire/PD/EMS communication, thereby sacrificing patient privacy and creating a more difficult environment for emergency workers. Needless to say, here, anything that could hack into those communications (which are encrypted and generally conducted via TETRA) would be illegal.

This post may sound harsh, but I feel very strongly about this and I am surprised that so many of you regard it as acceptable that anyone could legally be listening to you when you are sending or receiving sensitive information.

Edit: I scored 0% on the whacker scale...but then again, scanners are illegal, so are emergency lights on private vehicles, I never wear clothing that is given to people as an advertisement (like in trade shows) and I don't like the ICE-SAR uniform well enough to wear it unless needed... 8)

You must work in another state/country because where I am Nither is illegal, you can have emergency lights on your personal vehicle if you have a permit for it and you can scan all fire/EMS/PD frequencies why else would they sell scanners to the public. As far as shirts and hats or other appearal for other companies its always nice to show you have respect for them if you don't wear shirts or hats or whatever from other companies in my personal oppinion you have no respect for thoes companies but thats just my oppinion

Wait, so I get a 5% whacker rating because I own a cheap ass littman select? Maybe I should buy one of those $10 double tube jobs and just pretend I'm listening to breath sounds.

You must work in another state/country because where I am Nither is illegal, you can have emergency lights on your personal vehicle if you have a permit for it and you can scan all fire/EMS/PD frequencies why else would they sell scanners to the public.

I do believe that Kristo's flag does indeed show that he isn't American.

Kristo, one thing is that our federal government is very limited with what it can control. Things like federal laws involving patient privacy is slipped in as a regulation regarding federal health payments (Medicare). It would be very likely that a federal ban on private scanner usage would be unconstitutional [note, constitutional and moral are two different words] [side note 2 to illustrate the point. There was a federal law banning guns on school grounds. It was ruled unconstitutional because the federal government isn't granted the power to control such things.]

YOU ARE 7% WHACKER!!!

NOT AN OUNCE OF WHACKER IN YOU. A LITTLE WHACKING IS FUN, TRY IT SOMETIME!!! BUY A BLUE LIGHT, OR PUT AN EMT STICKER ON YOUR CAR. YOU NEED MORE WHACKING IN YOUR LIFE.

I have ONE shirt from a conference I attended. I wear it every now and then when I'm just hanging around the house. I also have a cheap Littmann, the lightweight one. It offers better sound than the sprague ones without having to sacrifice a week's pay.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.