What should I have done!

emtkat

Alright a public notice all (at least in this post) that yes I did not read the rules... *blushes in shame :oops:* And I am sorry to everyone that I confused or annoyed. I do believe I learned my lesson and will hopefully post better topics.

I was intimidated by dustdevils posts..... :? but as you said cosgrojo, he did have some valid points. I did however follow one of the rules though by not replying the second time to avoid an argument! I am strong headed too sometimes and when someone goes after me, I tend to get :evil: . So I just cool off for awhile and look at it again later.

With all that said and done it is water under my bridge. Thank you all for putting me in my place... 8)

Sorry once again,

~EmtKat~

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I come from a small private volunteer agency, so we all "try" to work as a team to provide the best care for the patient. But the person with the highest rank is always the one in charge or has the final say :? .

I'm not too sure what a "private volunteer" ambulance service is, but if its just a volunteer thing then I wouldn't worry too much about having something in your file. What would happen if you were an EMT-P (or even just very experienced and educated EMT-:lol: working with a Lt. EMT-B? Who would have the say then? If rank is all that matters in decision making then the service might have some problems of its own to work out.

No need for an apology. It's just a misunderstanding. I've joined forums before and jumped in without reading the rules or testing the waters first and got spanked hard. It happens. And trust me, there are many forums out there who are brutal on n00bs compared to us. :shock:

I'm glad to know you will stay around. It is not my desire to run anybody off. I was genuinely interested in replying constructively to your scenario, and just a little frustrated that I couldn't do so. Your reply is a very good sign that you have the potential to do well both here and in EMS!

First, I wasn't there, so I don't know all the details. As a Lt, if my partner (even if they are straight out of school) has a suggestion that they think will better patient care, I will accept (unless I feel it compromises care in some way), otherwise I will run with it, and discuss after the call. I don't totally buy what he said, but again, I wasn't there and I don't play with your equipment, or play by your protocols. I think it needs to be discussed, rationally, as to the pro's and cons, and something should be learned from it, by both people.

It is not my desire to run anybody off. I was genuinely interested in replying constructively to your scenario, and just a little frustrated that I couldn't do so.

By the way, I hope nobody here thinks that I meant that Dust was really trying to run anyone off. It was meant as a comment with tongue firmly planted in cheek. I doubt there is too much confusion here, but since we are all following the rules now... I wanted to make sure there was no mis-understanding. 8)

Hey all,

Just to finish this topic up and give you all an up date. I went to my chief last week and we talked about the situation a little more. He felt that we had both learned from it and he said that if I was really good and bought him ice cream (hehe as a joke, not a bribe) he would remove the write up from my file in a month and no one would be the wiser that it happened! :lol: He suggested that next time run into a problem like that I should write an addendum with the corrections and put it with the file later. Also, due to other reasons besides my situation, the Lt. is no longer a Lt. and I heard rummer of him wanting to quit! :clown: So everything worked out. Thank you all for your comments it helped! See ya all around!! :)

~EmtKat~

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.