Dispatched to 28 y/o M DIB

:) Boy on boy.

:shock: Not sure exactly what you are trying to say here, but it sounds sorta gay to me.

Lot of the patients I see in the hospital are put on 4 lpm NC when they present SOA.

Oooohh... there is 5 points that you really can't afford to lose, but sorry. Unapproved abbreviation.

Shit Out of Arse? :? Or were you trying to say SOL?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well given the SOB that this patient was having I wouldn't have thought that 4 lpm would of been an option unless he wouldn't tolerate the NRB mask. I know that not all patients are text book case and not all will be treated the same but it just sounded odd that someone with these symptoms would not have gotten 12-15 lpm by NRB.

:shock: Not sure exactly what you are trying to say here, but it sounds sorta gay to me.

Oooohh... there is 5 points that you really can't afford to lose, but sorry. Unapproved abbreviation.

Shit Out of Arse? :? Or were you trying to say SOL?

Wow you never seek to amaze me. It is like I thought I had seen it all, but wait he has got another posting to try and be funny or just trying to show how much smarter he is than me.

What unapproved abbreviation? SOA? Around here that replaced SOB. SOA means shortness of air. You had to of known that.

Boy on boy, sounds gay. I don't know how old you are, or do I care, but you sure don't act it. What really push it over the top was on the other posting saying how you don't see EMT-B as part of the team. I assume you never had to work your way up like many of us.

Wow you never seek to amaze me. It is like I thought I had seen it all, but wait he has got another posting to try and be funny or just trying to show how much smarter he is than me.

What unapproved abbreviation? SOA? Around here that replaced SOB. SOA means shortness of air. You had to of known that.

Boy on boy, sounds gay. I don't know how old you are, or do I care, but you sure don't act it. What really push it over the top was on the other posting saying how you don't see EMT-B as part of the team. I assume you never had to work your way up like many of us.

If boy on boy is not gay what is it? Were you saying boy on boy violence? Or boy-o-boy?

Now I disagree with dust :shock: on the EMT-B part, I feel it is a great starting point. It allows a person to get a taste of what we do to help them decide if this profession is for them prior to devoting much more time. I personally would not be in this profession had I not gotten a taste first as an ECA then a basic. I got hooked. I enjoy this field and gave up a lot to go for it.

SOA=Short of air? Damn, there are some strange abreviations out there.

Yep. Never heard of it before.

"Around here" is the key part of your statement, Speedy. And around here, nobody ever says "SOA."

And it's not about being smarter than you, although I suspect that is probably the case. It is about me having thirty more years of context than you when I draw my conclusions.

Yes, I started out as less than a Paramedic. So what? That was the dark ages, when yo mami was still in diapers. This is the 21st century now. I'm afraid you were born about twenty-five years too late for that to still be appropriate. It should no longer be happening. Period.

wow my typing is retarted. I am usually at work when I post, so I guess I must be in bit of a hurry. I meant boy oh boy. Somehow I got my h and n mixed up twice and didn't even notice it lol. Typing and reading fast is not always an advantage. I need stupid check not just spell check :lol::D :oops:

wow my typing is retarted. I am usually at work when I post, so I guess I must be in bit of a hurry. I meant boy oh boy. Somehow I got my h and n mixed up twice and didn't even notice it lol. Typing and reading fast is not always an advantage. I need stupid check not just spell check :lol::D :oops:

Thats what I thought. As far as SOA spell out rather than use abbreviations. I use certain abbreviations in my area and see the same abbreviations on here meaning something else, then check books listing abbreviations and find a whole other meaning or two. If we all spell out it would save us all alot of headaches. :!:

Thats what I thought. As far as SOA spell out rather than use abbreviations. I use certain abbreviations in my area and see the same abbreviations on here meaning something else, then check books listing abbreviations and find a whole other meaning or two. If we all spell out it would save us all alot of headaches. :!:

Agreed. It is like 10 codes for police. Some may be the same from state to state or county to county, but many mean something totally different. I will try to keep it to plain english, yet it is so easy to get into the habit :D .

I will try to keep it to plain english, yet it is so easy to get into the habit :D .

I dunno about that. I've noticed that those with the least experience seem to use the most pointless abbreviations and codes.

Considering the guys here with the most experience are the ones that use the least abbreviations and codes, it must be pretty easy to avoid that habit.