PT Assessment Supplies

Steven

Hey Everyone,

I long while back I was looking around online for different assessment products, and I found something I wanted to consider getting but can't find it anywhere now. They're booklets of self-adhesive patient assessment stickers you peel off and stick on your pant leg when arriving on-scene. You can log/write pretty much everything you do during BLS patient care on this sticker, and then transfer the information over to your medical care report later. That way you don't have to write stuff on a small tablet or use your glove.

Has anyone seen these, and if so, can you remember what medical supply store sells them? I have been doing searches and can't figure out where in the world I saw the product at.

Thanks everyone!

-Steven

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been using this for years....

Its called 3 inch medical tape!

LOL !... Maybe we ought to have some tape, with pre-printed outline and lines on it, then tear here... I am sure there would be someone to buy it!

R/r 911

(p.s. if anyone does this, AK & I get a portion of the profits!)

We have many people (especially the old timers) who have been using the 3" tape for years.

I am an old timer, but never got used to tape. I just use pieces of scrap paper.

We use tape to keep track of times and mile. (We are a city service).

Funny story about the tape. My EMT instructor told us about doing that. We went to take the state practical test and there are all these people walking around with strips of tape on their legs.

We go into a scenario and I start to write information down, but the grader says she will tells us anything we need later. So, go through the scenario and the I know I am forgetting something. Grader asks what the tape is for. I say to write down important information. Then it hits me I need to tell her something. So I do.

Next scenario, same grader, only my partner is lead this time. Gets to end of scenario and she asks what is tape for. Same response as mine, to write things down on. Then he pulls out his answer.

I gave him grief because I looked stupid for not remembering, but after she made a point about it, he did the same thing.

I do not always use tape, but it does come in handy sometimes. I often write it directly on the Pt Report. Depending on what kind of call.

Ditto. I've always used two or three inch cloth tape on my thigh for note taking, for as long as I can remember.

On a monitored patient, I will (if possible) jot my vital signs and drug administrations down on the EKG strip so that it is time stamped and you can compare the intervention to the rhythm. Makes recalling what you did on a 45 minute CPR a lot easier!

I can't really see any advantage to using a specially made sticker for the purpose, unless you need something with pre-printed prompts on it to remind you of the examination sequence or something. And that's not anything you'll need for very long, unless you are in a VERY slow or very unsophisticated system.

Three inch tape or index cards.

I've been known to get those $0.69 cent notepads from CVS or something, too. But why buy it when you don't have to? Especially when you don't get paid a lot as it is.

I use the tape on every call I run. It works well.

Don't waste your money.

-be safe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.