PT Assessment Supplies

Steven

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the pain with the forearm is when you accidentally grab the fine point sharpie instead of the ball point pen...

I've had vitals in a temp. tattoo for *days* after a call, haha!

Almost as bad as the time my coworker was teaching a bunch of boy scouts how to triage and wrote 2204 in red magic marker on my forehead. Still have yet to repay him for that little trick... didn't see what was coming until it was too late. :lol: That'll learn me to be the "demo dummy"...

As a side note, I keep those little 80 cent flip notebooks in my back pocket. I tend to lose index cards when they're solo and I like having a writing surface right there, so if I'm in an awkward position I'm not trying to reach my thigh (though you'd think I'd have no trouble finding those of late, haha), and I have multiple pages so I can jot notes to myself for my patient care report later. I'm a verbal thinker... little kickers to remind me what happened are extremely helpful.

But I have been known to use the tape and the forearm. On occasion.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

MI EMT-B

• 2 months later...

i prefer to write all my info on patients down on their foreheads. I have ready access to the info if I'm at the head of the cot on the jump seat or the bench seat.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.