POV LED lights

ReD

aside from galls, code 3 and whelen, are there any other quality companies that make LED emergency lights?

im looking for some simple LEDs to hide in my rear window and either in the grill or in my winshield on the front of my truck.

no light bars or anything squirrely like that. also looking into wig wag high beams and maybe an alternating flasher for my brake & reverse lights.

these LEDs just get so expensive so fast, they've been out long enough for many different places to start making them, im just looking for someone that has them cheap & bright!

thanks.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now as cool as all that is, why would you bother to spend that much money on lights? One light is fine, two and you're a whacker. More than two, you're trying to look like someone you're not. We're not cops, and we don't need that many lights. It's a nice convience to have one light, but people who have more than one light seem to be more in to responding lights and sirens rather than patient care. Now that I've finished ranting... I've also heard Signal has some good LED lights.

www.needlights.com is a decent site for lights.

dahlio, he asked a simple question and wanted a simple anwser, why did you feel the need to rant ? If you didn't want to anwser the question why not just ignore the thread ? It's annoying on here when people ask a simple question and then everyone goes into a stupid rant. Maybe his job requires having lights, and he doesn't seem to be over doing it, he said he just wants something cheap and bright.

Maybe his job requires having lights,

No job requires lights and sirens on a POV. If you NEED those flashy lights, then you have a take home car from the department. Plain and simple.

Yeah, I have a LED dash light, and LED deck light. The deck light might be over doing it, but helps. But this isn't the pot calling the kettle black. Its about responsibility.

Hey ReD,

I know you were asking about other brands, but I got a Whelen SpecTIR 8 LED, and it is a pretty good light for under 75 bucks. I have it tucked behind the rear view mirror so it can hardly be noticed from inside the vehicle, and it shows no color until it is turned on from the outside. I got an extra, since it seemed so small I thought it might take 2 to be of use, but one is all you will need.

Take care,

PC

The whelen TIR-3 is also a very good led light for the money. They are small and can be hidden most anywhere, they are also clear until activated. The great thing about them is they are self-contained and include everything needed to operate including a wire to sync with other TIR-3s that are installed.

hope this helps,

Joe

www.needlights.com is a decent site for lights.

dahlio, he asked a simple question and wanted a simple anwser, why did you feel the need to rant ? If you didn't want to anwser the question why not just ignore the thread ? It's annoying on here when people ask a simple question and then everyone goes into a stupid rant. Maybe his job requires having lights, and he doesn't seem to be over doing it, he said he just wants something cheap and bright.

thanks.

the ranting around here is the reason why i dont stop by much anymore, as well as the general opinion that firefighters are idiots.

lol these threads are always good for a laugh…

Just my opinion. My service has a few unmarked cars, they don’t have LEDs or anything just a magnetic roof mount mini light bar thing that plugs into the cigarette lighter. It conveniently slips under the passenger seat when not in use. I suppose it saves you having to drill holes and stick things on your own car. You can also see it from all angles.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.