Critical Care Transport

1EMT-P

What kind of Critical Care Training do you have?  

3 members have voted

1. 1.

• CCEMTP
    • CCP
    • Air Medical

Whatever Fire. Go back and wait till the next thread to troll and pop up.

It's amazing how much experience you have in your short two years of being a medic.

people who live in glass houses.

What I hope is that you never are subjected to having to work in the real world. How would you do it. I can just imagine that your single service experience with dual medics, ultra diagnostic devices, having all the resources in the world to call on. I would love to see how you would handle working for a rural service that has one medic covering the entire county. When the mass casualty incident or just a car wreck that has more than 2 critical patients, I'd like to see how you handle that. I can just see it now

Firefighter523 to base, I need some help out here, can you send me all you got.

Dispatch - Fire, get with it son, get a grip, you are all you have until we get the mutual aid crews on the way and you are on your own for the next 24 minutes.

Firefighter523 to base, oh my god, I don't knwo what to do dispatch, I can't take care of more than one patient without all those shiny resources including my defib. Help me help me I don't know what to do.

dispatch, Relax fire, it's ABCs and then treat. It's so easy a cave man can do it. Just do the best you can.

Firefighter523 to base, but I can't do it, I'm not used to working on my own with no resources Wheres my 12 firetrucks for extrication, where's my 3 ambulances that are always available? Where's my helicopter's???? OH MY GOD I'm Dying here

Dispatch, all that you have requested will be there in 22 minutes. Welcome to Rural EMS

I don't care what you think fire, you proved that you were a lightweight back in your previous posts. You only come out at night to start stuff. You cannot prove that I'm a liar yet you called me one.

You are the one who started this. So now, put your tails between your legs and go back where you came from.

Good luck and god speed.

I will not respond further on this topic. Thank god I don't travel to Pennsylvania, I might get cardioverted for no good reason.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is NOT in the scope of any paramedics practice to transport any of the following without a nurse... Balloon pumps, VAD, BiVads. (quote by firefighter523)

perhaps in PA....now run along little boy, i think i smell a dumpster fire.....at least that is well within your skill level

Firefighter523, I am not sure why you had to make an issue with Ruffems. This is a thread relating to critical care courses and Ruffems simply stated he thought critical care courses are a good idea and that he would have benefited from one when he took a critical care patient. I agree that patients deserve the highest level of care possible; however, this is not the reality. Most of us realize that reality and are involved in trying to change EMS.

Take care,

chbare.

chbare,

I called Ruff out, because he pulls stories out of his single branched family tree back in Kentucky!! The point I am trying to make, and this goes out to all on this forum..... If you are transporting ANYONE on ANY KIND of device that you are not familiar with, you should NOT elect to take that transport!!! Ruff's post indicated to everyone on this forum that by the Grace of God his pt survived that transport. If that IABP failed in any sort of way, you NEED to know how to trouble shoot it. I personally will not take a transport with an IABP or VAD or any device for that matter if I haven't been trained on it!!!

That is why they educate people in critical care. That is why they came out with courses like CEN, CCRN, CFRN, FP-C, ect.... What might have been done in the past is just that. However, that prior statement about the past will NOT save anyone in court when a person dies on them because of machine failure and they didn't know what to do other then ACLS!!!

PHWWWW........ and people call me the renegade paramedic...

Shame on you Ruff, for putting that pt at risk, and putting the family at risk for losing their family member because you didn't know how to render care!!! I could care-a-less if you have 15 years of exp, you act like an EMT fresh out of class!!!

my god the humanity. Can't you be any more original in your insults that kentucky family tree??? that was kind of funny though. You don't have a clue. this happened 11 years ago and there were no critical care paramedics. I don't know why I even bother with such drivel.

The patient survived yes, would I do it again, no but I've never had to face that type of transfer in the past 11 years.

What gets me Fire is that you seem not to understand that there were a lot of things done 11 years ago and even less time ago than that that would curl your delicate senstivities.

You have yet to prove that I have lied on this forum at all. NO matter what you try to pull you cannot prove that I'm lying. Of course you can't prove that I am not lying so you resort to insults.

The reason I didn't answer your treatment questions is that even if I put one little thing down that doesn't correlate to your thinking you would crow to the entire group that "Ruff's wrong, Ruff's wrong" and that is why I didn't answer your posts. Not once did I resort to google.

God forbid you would have to think for yourself on a call, I'm sure you have so many resources backing you up on every call you make including the minor nursing home runs for a transfer to the hospital that is just across the street, let me guess, a call like that gets a fire truck, a supervisor and your als crew as well as 3 helicopters, one mass casualty truck and a fire department tender.

So continue to call me out, continue to hurl insults but the majority of people on this board think you are full of dog ka ka. And consider YOU the renegade paramedic on this board.

Again, you come out of your hole only to insult me.

Good luck in your crystal palace where eagles don't even dare to tread.

nah, I've got one. you are so sweet to ask though. thanks

Even though you have such great knowledge of everything that happens in every state, we still love you.

Group Hug

yes I mean no, I mean yes, I mean no but seriously:

you cannot hold a dialogue without insulting someone can you. You should be asking the same question of your self. Why do you feel the need for insults instead of good ole fashioned civil communication.

Is this how you treat those who disagree with you at your own service cause I can imagine that at least someone disagrees with you where you work. You can't be right all the time can you?

I think we should end this here and now. I will stop posting and you should too.

I'll be the bigger man here. I'll stop.