Does anyone else see the problem with this?

scratrat

January 19, 2007

By MELISSA DiPANE

6 News Anchor/Reporter

SEVIER COUNTY (WATE) -- The Tennessee Highway Patrol is investigating whether a trooper went too far in forcing a firefighter answering a call to stop.

Michael Huskey was in the family minivan with his wife and kids when he heard a call from dispatch needing an emergency driver to help a nearby ambulance.

Huskey turned on his flashers and drove 85 in a 55 mile per hour zone when a state trooper tried to pull him over.

Huskey radioed dispatch to call off the trooper but he says the trooper swooped in front of him, causing an accident.

"Once he stopped my client, he found that out and yet he still handcuffed and arrested and investigated it further and took him to jail." says Jim Gass, Huskey's attorney.

Huskey got a speeding ticket and was charged with failure to yield to lights and sirens.

According to the report, the officer did not intend to crash into the minivan.

Huskey will go before a Sevier County judge in a few weeks.

Notice that it says "with kids and wife"? What was this guy thinking driving like that with his kids in the car? If he would have gotten into an accident and gotten killed they would have hailed him as a hero for answering the call in spite of family!!!!!!

God this drives me insane! I cannot believe some one would do this. His department should no longer allow him to be a member for this!

And what was the trooper thinking hitting a mini van with kids inside?

Tell me your thoughts.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both should be charged with reckless endangerment. The FF for driving excessively fast with his damn family in the car, and the cop for hitting a damn minivan with an idiot running "emergent" behind the wheel.

Both should go to jail for some period of time, and or be forced to pay fines.

FF = MORON

COP = IMBECILE

And both are studying hard to aim for cretin one day. 'nuff said.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

MI EMT-B

EDIT: Added quotation marks around the word "emergent" to indicate that it is used sarcastically, and in no way implies that the FF had right of way or cause to be driving in such a fashion. W.A.W 1/24/07

I can hear the banjo music now... lol! :lol:

Wendy

CO EMT-B

MI EMT-B

Great example as to why Aussies don’t have flashing lights and sirens in there POVs…

I believe that the article is talking about the hazard lights on the car. They are standard issue.

That said, since when did 80/85 MPH become too fast? I fear moving out of So Cal for the speeding tickets.

Cop = Assault with a deadly weapon. Felony prosecution and jail time, in addition to the obligatory firing for using unauthorised force. The state would be very wise to wash their hands of this loose cannon. The firemonkey WILL win if he brings a civil suit for damages, and the state will like like idiots if they are standing beside him.

Firemonkey = Well, you can't fire him. He's not employed. :? But I certainly cannot imagine any professionally managed organisation keeping him on the roster after this display of criminally negligent behaviour. As for prosecution, I would certainly do so if state statutes allow for it, which in some states would be debatable.

City Council = Fired for failing to provide professional medical services to their community.

heheheh! Can anyone else picture this little bongo bus speeding through a suburban street with its orange lights flashing away, kids in the back playing the banjo eagerly looking at what daddys doing, then the police car beside them, then a crash… wow those carton people who do those little drawings in the news paper could have a field day with this! :lol:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.