Does anyone else see the problem with this?

scratrat

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll see your post and raise you one. :|

I just got to this state from NJ, and NJ does have that same provision. HOWEVER, if you go thru a light even with lights on, and you hit someone, that still makes it your fault. Thats due regard. If you cross the center line while passing another vehicle, and you hit someone, I guarentee you the officer will cite you for careless driving. Provision or not.

The cop knew that there were kid's in the car".. . . . . . ."SOG and SOP DO NOT CONDONE THIS TYPE OF RESPONSE TO THE SITUATION". . . . . . ."

FFEMT4100

What's your source? How did he know there were kids in the car? How do you know what the Patrol's guidelines.

If you can't post your source on these issues then you shouldn't post. I think that was the point of another series of posts in this discussion.

So, cite your source. Otherwise, your post is worthless.

-be safe

I'm still trying to figure out why/how people aren't getting that I posted several times about due regard. The question has never been about due regard, but about passing through an intersection against a solid red light. :? :? :roll:

I'm still trying to figure out why/how people aren't getting that I posted several times about due regard. The question has never been about due regard, but about passing through an intersection against a solid red light. :? :? :roll:

And passing through a red light is WITHOUT due regard. I'm not saying you shouldn't do it. We do it all the time. My point was that if you hit someone in the process, you are at fault. Every person I've ever heard of that has done this, has been cited. Didn't matter that it was emergent or that it was an ambulance.

I'd argue that the act itself of passing through a red light is not in and of itself inconsistant with due regard. Not stopping or slowing down as your approaching and waiting till you have the attention of every person stopped at the light is, though. Persoanlly, I'm of the opinion that if you get hit driving, you probably share some blame regardless of the situation (lights, no lights, POV, ambulance, etc)

For one the FF was an idiot for driving at a high rated speed when his family is in the van. I can see how he would have wanted to assist the ambo, but who is going to be driving HIS family once he causes an MVC on the way to responding to a call while off duty??

anyways

Second what the hell was the cop doing by pulling in front of an a vehicle that had lights? I could see how maybe he would have followed the van to its destination to see what it was about but stopping in front of it?! come on! Give me a break! What the heck is wrong with them people!

Never heard of that happening here, but again one word: Canada

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.