Are you feeling old?

DwayneEMTP

The people who are starting college this fall across the nation were born in 1987.

They are too young to remember the first space shuttle blowing up on liftoff.

Their lifetime has always included AIDS.

The CD was introduced the year they were born.

They have always had an answering machine.

They have always had cable.

They cannot fathom not having a remote control.

Jay Leno has always been on the Tonight Show.

Popcorn has always been cooked in the microwave.

They never took a swim and thought about Jaws.

They can't imagine what hard contact lenses are.

They don't know who Mork was or where he was from.

They never heard: "Where's the Beef?"

"I'd walk a mile for a Camel" or "de plane, Boss, de plane"

They do not care who shot J. R. and have no idea who J. R. even is.

McDonald's never came in Styrofoam containers.

They don't have a clue how to use a typewriter.

Do you feel old yet?

Jay Leno always on the tonight show?!? I thought he was just filling in until Johny came back!!

Dwayne

Man, I still think of Jay as 'the new guy'...I really have to upgrade my thinking...

I don't really think about age until something like this comes along...and then just for a second, God willing, that list will seem silly compared to the things we see before we're done here...

Asys, did you see that article about the New York trains (Do they mean subways?) being held up because of skinny women? (Now that makes me feel old) If not, it's the last post (or was) in the "lifting big people' thread...I don't remember what it's called...

Now that's funny!

Dwayne

If you feel old, it's time to retire.

Asysin2leads, you're not old dear because if you were, your sagging butt would still be sitting on the porch rocking back and forth, telling tales of when you once was a lad and how far in the snow drifts it took you to walk to school.

As for you other poor dear souls, life is like a cherry bomb, in with the new, out with the old. :lol:

Actually, most of the college freshmen this year were born in '88. I was born in '87 but that's just because I'm old.

....well, older.

And also lots of kids wear hard contacts still because supposedly they "correct" your vision a little bit.

The rest is pretty true, though.

Technology regarding compact discs was developed in the 70's. Commercial availability of CDs took place in 1982. It used to be a big deal on certain radio stations to say, "That was a recording of ------ from compact disc." I remember hearing this as early as 1982-3.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

-be safe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.